Guitar Center Pricing Policy Update

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanSRV

Reaction score
Just got back from my local GC in Albany,NY and was talking with the one of the managers. Over the next 2 weeks, GC will no longer make deals on gear anymore. He said what ever gear will be tagged for is the final price. They are trying to sell for the lowest price that works out for customers and their bottom line.... So I guess the days of getting "deals" at GC are over... just thought i'd share.

Thanks for the info. I had a similar conversation with one of the managers at GC and they said the same thing about used gear which is just silly.

fishyfishfish said:
Thanks for the info. I had a similar conversation with one of the managers at GC and they said the same thing about used gear which is just silly.

and we know their used gear is way over priced.... they're probably losing too much $$$ to do deals anymore

DanSRV said:
Just got back from my local GC in Albany,NY and was talking with the one of the managers. Over the next 2 weeks, GC will no longer make deals on gear anymore. He said what ever gear will be tagged for is the final price. They are trying to sell for the lowest price that works out for customers and their bottom line.... So I guess the days of getting "deals" at GC are over... just thought i'd share.

Nope, not over the next 2 weeks. I just spoke to the manager at my local GC and he said that policy is in effect this Monday. But I told him....what's he going to do when I come to him to match a better price? He's going to match it....so when stock is sitting around unsold....that policy will be turned on it's head :lol:

I heard the same thing and went to GC.

I found a recto cab 2x12 mint that I bought for $325. Check the prices that very good cabs (but not mint) are going for at eBay.

Sure, you need to add tax but you don't need to pay for shipping.
Regards

It's always up to you to be an informed consumer. Unless you're smart and have actually shopped around for the best prices for what you want, or they can rely on you providing them with repeat steady business, why would ANY music store NOT charge you as much as they possibly could for something? How can you seem surprised that a business is taking a firm stance against the "good ol' boy" discount.

Latest posts

Back