Got my roadster cab last week-impressions.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ol4t

Reaction score
I purchased a roadster head a couple of months ago and took home a recto 2X12 cab because the shop didn't have a roadster cab. On the advise of a coupla guys here I went back and ordered a roadster 2X12. I'm glad I listened.
Let's forget the fact that it's 10 lbs. lighter than the recto cab, I would have suffered for a sound I wanted, I like the tighter bottom on this cab. It's very close to the sound on the combo, very good match for the stuff I play. The recto cab was broken in, maybe the sound on this cab will change too, but for now I'm very happy, it's a good match for the roadster head (duh!). 8) [/list]

I just bought a roadster head and was about to buy a recto 2x12 cab-but you think the matched cab it a lot better, break in issues not withstanding?

I have a DR and a Roadster head and I use the "traditional" recto 4x12 cabs because of the tighter bass response as well. I havn't tried the Roadster cabs but I've heard they are smaller and tighter than the recto 2x12's.

stash49 said:
I just bought a roadster head and was about to buy a recto 2x12 cab-but you think the matched cab it a lot better, break in issues not withstanding?
IMHO it matches the combo, if you can find one of those to listen to. The combo happens to be closed back and close to the dimensions. I could see the point made that the recto is better for some modern, heavy gain type music, that's not me.

What's the difference between the Recto and Roadster 2x12? Is it just size? The Recto 2x12 is pretty small as it is.

Kung-Fool said:
What's the difference between the Recto and Roadster 2x12? Is it just size? The Recto 2x12 is pretty small as it is.
I think it is the size, but it's about 10 lbs. lighter. The roadster combo with 2X12 is extemely heavy!

Back