Got my Rig all together finally (Lonestar Content)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madryan

Reaction score
I finally got everything together and working well. It's all controlled by my Ground Control Pro. I only run two pedals and my tuner in the loops of the GRX4. I have a modded BD-2 as well but it's not working right so it's not in there.

For those of you who aren't familiar with the Axess GRX4 it's a MIDI controlled looper. It's got 4 loops that you can put pedals in. You typically run it in front of your amp and when you switch presets on your effects unit it will also switch different pedals in and out of your signal chain. The really cool thing is that it's hard bypass when you're not using the pedals so it's like running straight into your amp.

Basically, with the push of a single button on the footcontroller it loads the preset I want in the G-Major, switches channels on my amp, and puts whichever pedal I want in front of the amp.

I use the G-Major for Delay and other time based effects in the loop. It's also got a great programmable EQ in it.

Here's a shot of the whole thing...

IMG_0093-2.jpg

Here's my pedalboard setup. The little orange box riveted to the underside of the pedaltrain houses an op-amp based buffer that drives my signal from there to the amp. I plug into the volume pedal so I can use it instead of my guitar volume to change the sound. I made a 20ft snake that runs to the rack to a similar box.

IMG_0094-1.jpg

Here's my shelf I left room for another pedal, but don't anticipate getting one. Maybe a MI-Audio Crunch Box. I only run a send to the tuner so it mutes when I tune.

IMG_0096.jpg

Here's everything with the shelf closed.

IMG_0097.jpg

Thats nice! What's the speaker config, 1x12, 2x12? That rig must sound really good. I had a CB and didn't like it with my LSC, to bright with fizz. I had all those Keeleys, the SD-1 was nice, get a stacked chip for it and it sounds even better. I bet there's close to 5 grand in that rig.

Latest posts

Back