Got my Mark V Combo TODAY!!...oh and this is my first post

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nermel

Reaction score
Yes...finally got it from Drinking Gourd Music in Dayton, OH...unfortunatly didn't not have time to have them set down with me and test it before I had to take it home...had to go to work...so I got it back home and found there was shorted power tubes...boo...should have gone by the Dealers suggestions :?

Oh well>>> I am glad that I got it though :mrgreen:

That is awful bro... ouch!!! At least you are still smiling. I'm not sure I would be so grown up...

Well, at least I'm sure they will take care of it for you. Dang... that sucks pretty hard!!!

I saw the words pull mute by the output and solo knobs.

Does this have silent recording like the Mark IV or is that just for the tuner?

Unfortunately it doesn't look like Mesa has posted the manual for it online yet.

primal said:

It is labeled "pull" on the knob, but I couldn't pull it out...

iceman said:
primal said:

It is labeled "pull" on the knob, but I couldn't pull it out...

Pull harder ;)

so I got it back home and found there was shorted power tubes

I am curious....how did you determine they were shorted? :?:
Did they "redplate"? Smoke? Visible damage? Did you see any other indication of a problem?
Do you think it may have been shipping damage?

This can't be too common for a brand new Mesa, but my Stiletto was a "lemon" at first, so....... :roll:

haha well one power tube had a huge arching lightening bolt in the top of it (that tube was cracked up at the seal) and the one next to it turned bright orange...all is well though...took it back to the Dealer and he changed all of the power tubes in it...this thing is a beast...I can't play it enough!!

It's hard to say what the problem was...but probably a shipping problem...this thing is definitely not a lemon though...the dealer said this happens less than I might think...but it does happen

Back