Goodbye RK.... Hello Custom LSS!!!!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoadKinger483

Reaction score
Well.... I decided to take a hit (but not really) and get rid of my RK. I just really wasn't happy withthe clean tone. I went to a GC where I live and BEHOLD.... a 2x12 LLS in black with a tan grill. (I'll post some pics of this baby later) It's like it was almost made for me. I plugged in and instantly fell in love with the clean tone. So, I took the plunge!!!!! quick question though... do you guys know what distortion pedal I could use for the time being to achieve a recto-type distortion????

RoadKinger483 said:
Well.... I decided to take a hit (but not really) and get rid of my RK. I just really wasn't happy withthe clean tone. I went to a GC where I live and BEHOLD.... a 2x12 LLS in black with a tan grill. (I'll post some pics of this baby later) It's like it was almost made for me. I plugged in and instantly fell in love with the clean tone. So, I took the plunge!!!!! quick question though... do you guys know what distortion pedal I could use for the time being to achieve a recto-type distortion????

Nice! I too fell for the 2x12 LSS. Tried the 1x12 and 2x12 of both the LSS and LSC, and just had to have the LSS. Awesome. Enjoy!

RoadKinger483 said:

Take a look at the OCD; I'm very happy with mine pushing the LSS

I use a Homebrew Electronics Big D with my LSS. It has a 5-way switch which gives you everything from cruchy blues to ROCK-ON distortion and even fuzz. It is handbuilt at a 'normal' price, probably in the range the OCD is in. However, I do not know what the RK sounds like, sorry for that. :roll:

I've tried the OCD before. It sounds AWESOME but I can achieve that tone of that pedal in channel 2 of the amp. I'm however looking for a Rectifier type tone from a pedal. Right now I'm running a Fulldrive 2, and a triangle Big Muff clone so I have my overdrive and fuzz taken care of. I'm planing on buying the new Fulltone GT 500 distortion pedal for the inbetween sound but, that leaves the metal type tone up in the air. Any other suggestions????

I'm hearing a bunch of mixed reviews on the 500... maybe a Keeley-modded Metal Zone is what you need...

... I get all my heavily saturated tones out of a Keeley Fuzz Head and the OCD running in tandem...

Try a EH Metal Muff, the Nano version is very inexpensive and should give you that sound you are looking for.

RoadKinger483 said:
I've tried the OCD before. It sounds AWESOME but I can achieve that tone of that pedal in channel 2 of the amp.

I agree with that. I just bought an OCD about two weeks ago and I noticed that right away. But I also find that the OCD + Ch 1 is sweetness itself - but its not the recto tone you are looking for. Sorry

well.... i've decided for right now to go with a metal zone. I've been modding and building effect pedals for quite some time now so, I can assure you i'll be hacking into the metal zone. Once, i'm done, i'll try and rcord some clips to see what you guys think. Still.... if there is any more suggestions PLEASE feel free to post.

have any of you guys tried out a Menatone King of the Britans pedal or, a Menatone Kar Krash? The King of the Britans is suposed to be the Marshall Plexi (Crancked) type sound and the Kar Krash is suposed to be a Train Wrexk type amp I believe.

Did you have the original RK series? The RK II might have been a better move IMHO. That rectifier sound is pretty hard to replicate with pedals. The pedals sound real fizzy and sterile to me. But, good luck! I'm glad you're happy!

RK II would have definitely been a option but, it really wasn't in the budget range I was looking for and I couldn't find a brand new one anywhere. I've tried 3 pedals so far.... Marshall Jackhammer, modified Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, and a modified Boss Distortion DS-1. Believe it or not all these pedals sound pretty decent through my current rig. The modded DS-1 absolutely nails that CRANCKED PLEXI TONE!!!!! After the mods I put into it, it finally became a pedal. Its really dynamic to your picking and cleans up really well when you turn the volume on your guitar down. The modded MT-2 can actually get close to the Recto modern tone. It takes patience and tweaking though but, I feel im really close. The Jackhammer is actually a surprise. It sounds nothing like a recto or a Plexi but has it's own distinct character that im realy digging at the moment. I know some of you guys are probably saying " There's no way you can achieve that RECTO tone in a pedal... especially the ones you've mentioned!" However, you guys really need to hear what this rig sounds like. I'm keeping up to the other guitarist in our band's Roadster with almost no problem at all. I'm really gonna try to put some clips on here. I'm still open to suggestions though..... :wink:

Damage Control Solid Metal will get you where you want to go with the LSS - nasty, nasty, nasty

Look into the Radial Hot British, or the Tri-Mode, They can go from barking near break-up to complete meltdown, and I think they put all SS type drivers to same!

Latest posts

Back