good unloaded cabinets???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turumbar82

Reaction score
Doesn't anyone know of any companies that sell unload cabs cheap. I know of Lopoline and they are pretty nice look but I'm just wondering if there is anything cheaper. I have a really beat up marshall cab. The speakers are in great working condition but it's torn to hell, the input jack is a hack job from the guy who owned it before and the center beam inside isn't there! lol I figure if I put money into retolexing it and fixing it up it will probably cost the same as an unloaded.

I also know Avatar but I'm not sure if they are really dealing with unloaded cabs much anymore. They used to back when they only charge $250 for their 4x12's.

Check Mojo music supply. They build good unloaded cabs too. I doubt they are any less than Lopo or Avatar.

IMO Avatars are a great cab for the money, I own two Vintage 2X12's myself.

They still do empty cabs. The empty G412 Traditional 4X12 is only $299 + $49 shipping. The empty Contemporary 4X12 is $389 + $49 shipping, and you can get just about any color tolex you want.

Dave is a great guy, give him a call and I'm sure he'll work out what ever you need.

Dom

yeah I think I'm going to go with Avatar. I got a 4x12 from them about 7 years that I ended up selling. It was one of the ones they made with the carpet all over it and it was $249 with 2 eminence V12's and M12's. (what a deal!) It definitely was a good cab even though I thought the M12 speakers were pretty harsh.

I have thought about getting one of their cabs for years and just never pulled the trigger. I have also thought about building myself a 2x12 but haven't done that either... pretty hard to beat their prices.

yeah I'm going to go with the avatar. My only decision now is do I just keep the speakers that I have and put them in the unloaded cab or do I just sell this cab as is for like 200 bucks and then get the avatar with brand new speakers. My marshall has the g12t75's which I have always liked but I would really like to do the x pattern with vintage 30's to have a better overall sound. Of course these speakers are broken in very well so that kind of deters me from getting rid of them.

What do you guys think? buy a unloaded and put the speakers I already have in it or buy a brand new cab with brand new speakers?

Thanks for the help and the opinions. It's always appreciated.

You could get some Hellatone speakers in there... they break them in for you.

Latest posts

Back