Good results with Mark IV recording out feature

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mule#1

Reaction score
I was in the studio last week and decided to use the recording out (DI) on my mark IV so there was no bleed through on the drum tracks. Mt thought was who cares what it sounds like since it was only a scratch track right? When I heard the playback the other day I was amazed at what a great tone I was getting. Don't get me wrong I'm all about a shure SM57 in front of an EV or Celestion with my Boogies but in a pinch or for home recording where volume is concerned I thought I'd let you guy's know! Has anybody else had any luck with the DI?

Just curious, how exactly did you record it. Obviously you used the DI but whatd you plug it into, any interface etc.

A-5best said:
Just curious, how exactly did you record it. Obviously you used the DI but whatd you plug it into, any interface etc.

I ran the DI into a mackie board which interfaces with the PC. The guitar was a Gibson SG and Les Pauls.

A long time ago, I did this. I noticed I needed LESS disto direct than speaker miking. (I'm all about sticking a 57 in front of it too)

I think there were more highs too, but am not sure.

Did you find these things to be true?

angelo said:
A long time ago, I did this. I noticed I needed LESS disto direct than speaker miking. (I'm all about sticking a 57 in front of it too)

I think there were more highs too, but am not sure.

Did you find these things to be true?

I think the distortion was all there and the EQ was pretty much the same. That's why I threw up the post as it was pretty impressive tone wise and I didn't expect it to be that good. I mean it is a usable tone.

With all that being said I will mike up a EV12 and a C90 when I lay guitar tracks this week but I may mix in a DI sound on a rhythm track to see what it does.

bryan_kilco said:
I thought the Slave Out was the D.I signal and Recording Out was what you would use to record?

We are talking about the recording out. It is still a DI signal! but for recording.

mule#1 said:
bryan_kilco said:
I thought the Slave Out was the D.I signal and Recording Out was what you would use to record?

We are talking about the recording out. It is still a DI signal! but for recording.
ok, but isnt a DI signal usually captured "clean", for stuff like re-amping?

I'm not sure of the technical makeup for a DI. I do know there is a speaker simulator built in the recording out. I believe a DI bypasses the power amp section of the amp.

Back