Good, inexpensive guitar for Drop C tuning.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

primal

Reaction score
I would like to pick up an inexpensive guitar that works well for Drop C tuning.

I don't play drop C often enough to warrant an expensive gutar. I am more of an 80's metal guy, which I guess by todays standards would be considered rock or hard rock. But a solid Mexican/Chinese/Korean model something should work fine.

I am assuming 25.5" scale would work better then a smaller one due to string length and tension.

Any recommendations?

I am looking in the area of 500 or less (Might go as high as 600, but not a dime more).

Preferably new.

From my searches is seems as though LTD or Schecter might be my best bets.

Any models you guys could recommend or any Brand?

Low tunings on an SG sound positively badass :twisted:

As i'm sure most people are well aware, Iommi tuned to C# on his SG.

You could get an Epiphone G400 SG for $350 brand new. Swap out the pickups on it and you've got a pretty decent guitar for the price. All Epi's are not created equal though so make sure to to play a few and find one that sings for you.

I've also got an Ltd EC 400 series that sounds fantastic tuned low as well.

^ good idea

I have a cheap Ibanez, rg270 or whatever, that I used for drop-d. Actually it was drop-c#, since we normally tune to Eb. Anyways, not the best sounding guitar on the planet, but it's pretty tight/unmuddy and handled that tuning well. got it from a pawn shop for around $250

Latest posts

Back