Getting a Cab to Match my upcoming Dual Recto!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup.
You are getting a killer amp, you MUST get a killer cab to go with it. Get a m/b standard 4x12 it has bigger bottom end than the traditional.

jbird said:
I recommend not compromising on gear! It always costs more in the long run! With that said, I again would advise on mating the amp with a Mesa cab! They're engineered for eachother!

I've spoke with a guy that has a dual recto through an avatar 4x12 with a cross pattern of V30's and G12's.....he, and other people that have heard his setup, say the outcome is amazing! He played the avatar and a mesa side by side and he could find no difference to justify the price tag....

Sounds like an avatar might be the way to go.....

Opinions?

ibanez4life SZ! said:
I've spoke with a guy that has a dual recto through an avatar 4x12 with a cross pattern of V30's and G12's.....he, and other people that have heard his setup, say the outcome is amazing! He played the avatar and a mesa side by side and he could find no difference to justify the price tag....

Sounds like an avatar might be the way to go.....

Opinions?

I cant speak for the current offering of Avatar cabs, but I had one of their first ones, and it was CRAP CRAP CRAP.

I had one loaded with vintage30s, but I think the cab itself was entirely made out of particle board, which just gave it this really dead muffled sound.

Ive heard the newer ones are being made of actualy plywood, but even that the type of plywood WILL make a difference.

So should I stay clear of avatar? The guy seemed like a really really good source, very well known guy on the birds and moons forums.....

Avatar says they make their cabs with 3/4 voidless Baltic Birch plywood

Should I stay clear? They don't seem too bad, but I haven't tried them either.

Would a Marshall or Carvin (with V30's) be a better idea?

I know...to tell you the truth, I really want to just go out and try and finally buy....but the trying isn't really possible, so I guess I'll just have to buy and hope it turns out well! Thanks alot guys!

So, unless I find a traditional at a good price, I'm going for avatar....

How, one last question....

I want Vintage 30's, but I also found the Hellatone 60's, which are just broken in V30's....

Check them out here: http://www.avatarspeakers.com/

To me, it seems like the borken in ones are the better ones, but does breaking the speakers in yourself have any advantages? Thanks alot, almost at buying my mesa.

Latest posts

Back