GCX Rec Switching help tried the search

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackIrish

Reaction score
I read that you can use only two GCX outs to change channels on a 3 channel rec since the second channel is the defalt if neither the first or third channel is selected.
My question is that I am running a two amp rig one for clean and my rec 2 and 3 channel for dirty. Since I am only running two channels on the Rec can I only run 1 out from my GCX to the third channel and leave the second and first empty to defalt on the second?
Sorry for the long post I'm trying to free up GCX loops for other stuff.
Thanks,
Tim

I don't have a GCX but it is the next piece of gear I will purchase. Having said that, I have done a lot of research on it. On the Voodoo labs website, they use a 3-channel DR to illustrate how to set it up with a 3 channel amp. They have 4 cables, using 4 of the loops, running to the DR. 1 is for the solo function and the other 3 are for each channel. If you are trying to find a shortcut and maybe get around using one for channel 2, I am all for that. Call voodoo labs. You will find their customer service to be top-notch and they always seem happy to answer questions. If it works, let me know because I could benefit from the same information. I don't like the idea that channel switching will take up 4 of my 8 loops.

Latest posts

Back