GAS for the new Road King is getting the best of me!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tele_jas

Reaction score
Man, I've tried not to even think about it but that hasn't worked... I even had dreams about getting the new RK II last night (yeah, I'm that obsessed with it).. I'm starting to look at my stuff and see what I can sell to get the new Series II RK?!!? If I sold mine for atleast $1800, that'd leave me only needing about $900 more..... Dang, that's alot of money :shock: ......Anyone want to loan me $900?? :wink:

Then there's the wait issue!! I've seen people waiting for almost 9 months now for their new RK, will the wait be that long on a series II?

I really wish I could do a side by side comparison of the two? I guess I could take my RK to my local dealer that has the lonestar 2x12 and compare that way, couldn't I? I did swing by there yesterday and played the 2x12 LS and was more impressed with the reverb than the cleans, but I'm not sure that's the clean tone I'm looking for, I guess the comparison above is what I need to do to be sure.

I just thought I'd let everyone know I'm a nut-case :lol:

well I'm also gassing, but no money or guitar quality on me that justifies the purchase. We should appreciate what we do have...

Me too man :p

I keep trying to price out what I'd be able to sell to get one. I don't want to end up waiting months and months for one though.

It's either sell my dual rec and get the RKII or keep the DR and buy an Orange AD30 to quench my thirst for british rock.

Platypus said:

It's either sell my dual rec and get the RKII or keep the DR and buy an Orange AD30 to quench my thirst for british rock.

Channel 2 on the Road King has a mode called "Brit" that is supposed to be based on a British sound, and it does pretty good IMO. Not tons of gain, but about as much or more than a JCM800. I'll see if I have a live clip of it somewhere and post it on my "guitar test" site for ya.

Here ya go, listen to the brit tone (not the sloppy playing). This was a live recording, I just solo'd out my guitar in the mix. It's kind of sloppy, but you can get an idea of the Brit mode here.

http://www.guitartest.moonfruit.com/

Go to the page that says "Road King clips" and click play on the bottom one that is titled "Brit Mode - Live".

tele_jas said:
Platypus said:

Channel 2 on the Road King has a mode called "Brit" that is supposed to be based on a British sound, and it does pretty good IMO. Not tons of gain, but about as much or more than a JCM800. I'll see if I have a live clip of it somewhere and post it on my "guitar test" site for ya.

Yeah that's why I wanted to get the RK, sounds good :)

That is a pretty good marshall esque tone, I wonder if it can get Orange tones..?

tele_jas said:
I wonder if it can get Orange tones..?

Couldn't answer that, not to familiar with the Orange sound....... except the Rockerverb, thats a cool sounding amp (kinda Mesa Recto-ish).

Think early sabbath and early zeppelin.

TJ, on your recording what guitar were you using and what pups (neck or bridge)? It would help me understand the sound a bit better.

cnumb44 said:
TJ, on your recording what guitar were you using and what pups (neck or bridge)? It would help me understand the sound a bit better.

Sorry, that would have helped, it's a Peavey Wolfgang (all stock) on the bridge pickup.

Back