G3 John Petrucci Rig Pic

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antoine

Reaction score
That's the pic posted on the Ernie Ball Music Man Forum, notice the 2 beautiful MarkIV Short Heads, it's good to see JP uses MarkIV again

JPRig.jpg

These pics have been taken during the G3 tour with Joe Satriani, John Petrucci and Paul Gilbert in Phoenix some days ago.

I love that eq setting. its almost identical to the one I use on my mark III. save some changes to account for the III and my emgs. though the IV's look better with the jute. aint that right platypus?

Schmoog said:
I love that eq setting. its almost identical to the one I use on my mark III. save some changes to account for the III and my emgs. though the IV's look better with the jute. aint that right platypus?

It is indeed :p

I'll have to check it out when I get a chance

here is a pic of my eq setting.

markIII_eq.jpg

its in the same vein as petrucci's, but I run the 6600 slider a little lower, and the 240 slider a little lower. this is because of the aggressive low mids of the amp, and the high end that comes out of the emgs.

On JP's website, it shows some of the gear he's using for the new Dream Theater album... Mark IIc+ and Mark IV baby! His tone with the Road King was OK, but I prefer the smoother Mark tones. In fact, I just put my Rectoverb combo up for sale. The Mark IV is awesome!

i talked to jp at g3 in sydney last year
he said for the new album it is all mark tones
he hadnt brought out the rectifiers into the studio
and probably wasnt

and by the looks of this g3 rig
i have high hopes for mark tones again
finally!!!

Latest posts

Back