G-system? Mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bastian

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has already tried the g-system together with the MarkIV and what their experiences are.

Bastian

That's what I use and I must say it is truly awesome. They have worked really together for me thus far.

same here...it takes some patience-levels,loops,utilities,etc...I use the "4 cable" hookup method -works with mk II as well-I use primarliy for the delay,filter,and pitch , but there are lots of goodies to keep you occupied-should be some good used prices coming soon on these-they have launched their new G system(nova?), which has a few different options

I really LOVE this set-up. I have my Mark IV in a rack with everything else (wireless, furman, pedals-hooked in to the G System loops, tuner, etc). The only cable I run at gigs is the CAT5 cable to the G System footswitch. It is frickin' amazing!!!! I can't believe it can be this easy and sound this good!

WillPlayForFood said:
I really LOVE this set-up. I have my Mark IV in a rack with everything else (wireless, furman, pedals-hooked in to the G System loops, tuner, etc). The only cable I run at gigs is the CAT5 cable to the G System footswitch. It is frickin' amazing!!!! I can't believe it can be this easy and sound this good!

hi there, where did you connect the four relays? coz i wanna switch between Rhy1,Rhy2,lead,lead+geq.. i hope its possible

Ah yes, you noticed the secret...I am using a Rockman Midi Octopus to control ALL 6 switches on the Mark IV. I have been using this for years and I have found it to be the most versatile because you can then hook the Octopus up to anything else, via midi, and it switches with NO issues at all. It is quick and quiet, the 2 most important things from my perspective.

Point is, you will need some switcher if you want to use the full features of your Mark IV, which I will say, is the way to go!!! Honestly, I have 2 Octopus and 2 Mark IV's and can run them stereo, completely switchable, with the Lehle SoS Dual switch. Again, very quick, quiet and with 2 Mark IV's I can really have many tonal options.

Good luck with your rig!!

I'm gonna bump this thread, because I've been running a g system with my mark IV for about a month now. I think it's great, and the two work beautifully. Anyone else out there run this combo, and if so, what are your global settings? I'm not sure if my g system could be sounding better.
I have a EBMM JP6 with the mark IV/g system.
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back