g system and lone star

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdt72

Reaction score
HI,

I'm thinking about combining my lone star classic with the TC electronics G-system!!! But I'm not shure if the the relays for channel switching is really compatible with the Lone Star. Are there any Boogie-heads out there how knows about this stuff?

MT

I've not done it yet, but am looking at the same setup (LSC 212). From what I have read in the manuals of the G-System it should work, but someone here must have already done it ? :)

D

Thanks a lot. According to the TC knowledgebase there are some compatability issues:

"This answer is valid for all these models: Dual and Triple Rectifier, Rectoverb, Lone Star and Lone Star Special, Solo 50, Roadking.

According to Mesa Boogie Tech dept, these units require an isolated ground connection for each of the rear panel 1/4" external switching inputs.Since Y-Split cables are sharing the ground, they cannot be used from the G-System or G-Major (which output connection is TRS) because they could cause damage to the amp switching network.

You can still use mono cables from the GMajor / G-System to any of this amp. This will obviously divide by 2 the switching possibilities since only 1 relay per output can be used.

An other solution is to use a switching device such as AXESS ELECTRONIC CFX4 or MIDI SOLUTION R8 in combination with the G-System. Note that the R8 is midi powered only and requires an adapter available at MIDI SOLUTIONS that can be powered by one of the DC 9V outs of the G-System : The G-System does NOT provide Midi power.

The Mark series (Mark 2,3 & 4, Quad, Studio Preamp, formula Preamp, V-Twin rack Preamp) can be used with Y-Split cables".

:?

I think I'll check out the thread on the Gear Page for more info.

ive got a dual rec and a gsystem and i i have absolutley no idea what that stuff of the t.c page means. All i know is that i can only switch 2 channels at a time, if i want to switch between all 3 then i need a CFX4 which is yet more money again.

Here is an idea!!! Couldn't the footswitch jack on the front be used with the G-System? That uses a common-ground (I believe). It must use a common something as a stero 1/4" jack only has three connections. This would mean that other relay on the G-System is left free for use with the Reverb or something completely different.

I've not tried this and I've not called Mesa to ask, but given you can select in the G-System whether the relay works on tip-to-ground or other configurations, it sounds as though it should do the trick.

D

Latest posts

Back