G-Major with DC-5 & .50 Caliber +

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I tried my G-Major through both amps today. It really kills the volume and touch sensitivity of both amps. It did not do this in my Heartbreaker.

Before you ask, I do have the G Major set to "Consumer."

What the hell am I doing wrong?????

If I turn the levels up too high on the processor, it clips and sounds like ***. I have to keep the presets at -6 and the In & Out at noon.

Set it to 'pro' Set the input until it almost clips. Set the output until the volume is the same with the loop on or off.

:)

Hey thanks Cam,

I tried that and it didn't work. I ended up setting it back to Consumer.

What I did notice though, is that it sounds much louder when the Mix knob on the back of the DC is set to about 90% instead of 100%.

I turned the Mix all the way down and then back up and the **** thing started working properly.

I didn't try it on the .50 yet. I'll do that tomorrow.

Maybe I just had the input set too high, have to experiment more with it tomorrow.

Yeah. All that parallel routing and input/optput level crap can be a bugger to figure out fo' SHO!

Also - if you're running the G-Major in parallel, be sure to set it to 'Kill Dry.'

:)

Although really limited only to recording applications, or miked-cabinet venues, it's much better to place time-based effects after your mic preamps (again, assuming you're in a situation where miking your cabinets is feasible). If you're performing, that's not necessarily an option, but the optimum place for a G•Major is really AFTER your power amp and speakers (e.g., after your mic preamp). That's where my G•Major lives.

Although I'm just using it for recording right now, I will most likely keep everything set up so that it is exactly like it would be at a gig.

I don't want to start using it in a way that I may decide is much better when recording and then be disappointed live. I want to make sure that everything is the way that I'm used to.

I really need to spend some time with it. Tuesday is guitar night for me, but the baby is sick this week and I worked till 9pm last week.

One of these days......[/list]

Hey. Tuesday needs to be 'mod Cam's amp' night. Once that is done you can tend to your sick baby. Once the baby is well, you can go to work.

;)

But in all seriousness...I KNOW it's a heavy load! Prayin' for you, buddy!

Latest posts

Back