Fx routing question?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny5267

Reaction score
Hello all!
Question about routing my effects pedals?
Hopefully I'm in the right area... ?
I have A Mark V.
I usually just use the provided footswitch but I am wanting to add a TC Electronic Dreamscape pedal and also a Boss AC-3 Acoustic Simulator pedal into my clean channel. Both won't be simultaneous, one on/one off when my clean channel is engaged.
If I route them both together and then into the loop would I just make sure my fx switch on channel 1 is on and then off on Channel 3? (channels 1 & 3 are my gigging channels)
Does anyone have a diagram as to how I would plug this in?
I use a Line 6 G50 wireless in my input at the front of the amp.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Not familiar with the Boss pedal. I did some quick research and based on what I read, you don't want to put this pedal into the loop at all. The built in COSM amp is meant to go direct to PA/mixer. Your guitar signal goes into the input, then the Line Out to the PA, then the "G.Amp Out" to the Amp input, which is probably a bypassed signal, whereas the Line Out has the "Simulation" happening.

I have the same problem. Pedals I want on in one channel but not in another. I'm going with the Voodoo Labs Ground Control with the Voodoo Lab - GCX Audio Switcher.

So I ditched the acoustic simulator pedal idea and I'm thinking of just using the Dreamscape chorus pedal in the loop with it active on channel 1 for my cleans to add a little more depth.
So, the Mark V's loop only active on channel 1 what does it Dio to channel three?
Does it just eliminate the verb and the chorus or is there something I'm missing?
Thanks for the replies by the way!

First off...

Some effects pedals are good in front of the amp, that is guitar --> cable --> effects --> cable --> amp. While some are better in the loop, amp send --> cable --> effects --> cable --> amp return. With that said, usually time based effects are best in the loop, while stuff like fuzz, distortion, wah, are better in front. There are no hard and fast rules here though, so experimentation is necessary.

If you put effects out front, you can't assign it to certain channels. They will be in the signal chain no matter what, but of course, you have the ability to turn them off or on while switched to whatever channel you're using.

In the loop, there's 3 ways to control the loop:
1) On all the time in individual channel 1, 2, or 3
2) On all the time in ALL channels
3) On or off, for ALL channels depending on what is choosen on the footswitch.

In your case, I like my chorus out front and I would just go guitar --> line 6 g50 --> chorus --> amp and then just switch the chorus on when I'm in the channel that needs it.

Hope this helps.

OldTelecasterMan said:
I have the same problem. Pedals I want on in one channel but not in another. I'm going with the Voodoo Labs Ground Control with the Voodoo Lab - GCX Audio Switcher.

This looks like a good solution. The down site is the need to deal with a lot of cables drowing the signal. Are you already using these equipment? Have you experienced any loss in signal quality or clipping?

I connect my board in the FX Loop and use the effects mostly on ch1. For example, Chorus on clean and no effects on overdrive channels. But I get clipping with chorus and phaser in FX Loop. To avoid this I have to keep changing send level, volume, master and gain settings on every different guitar, which is a bit pain in the ***.

Latest posts

Back