FX Loop Problem?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mackenziedeth

Reaction score
I think I might be having a problem with my effects loop in my Dual rec. I've never tried a pedal in my effects loops before, so I decided to try my eq pedal. I plugged the pedal in the loop, made sure the amp was assigned to foot switch, made sure the 2 loop controls were on 100% and made sure the channel knob was on footswitch. Then, I clicked on the pedal and nothing happened. Switched the chords, nothing. So, I figured maybe it had to be assigned to a certain channel so I flipped the assign knob to channel 3 and when I turned on the eq pedal, to started making a loud noise and pulsed like I was using a tremolo effect. Rather than doing any damage, I figured I'd ask here. I have no clue whats going on.

I'm using an MXR KFK 10 band eq pedal. By power, I assume you mean by battery or ac adapter. I am using an AC adapter so everything should work fine. I use it in my other amp all the time.

if it was pulsing the send in was too hot.
I run an MXR 10 EQ in the loop of my Rectoverb and I keep the actual channel volume (master for channel2) at 1:00 oclock or below.
I also keep the level on the EQ at zero or below. If I bring the level up on the slider I get that pulsing sound you mentioned as well.

I never had a problem with mine, but my loop is serial, so I don't know if that is the isse. I have the MXR 10 band.

Latest posts

Back