fx loop in roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbright

Reaction score
I have readsome other threads about this. I have a gmajor that I have been inserting the fx loop and using the master volumes. I like the ability to control the volume with the mater but... I prefer the tone and response of the amp in hard bypass. The amp is also pretty noisy on some of the patches in the gmajor. I have tweaked the gmajor input/output comtrol but I still seem to lose the incredible tones that are present when the fx loop is not on. In fact just turning the loop on without anything inserted seems to suck a lot of tone from the amp. Is there any body using a pedal in front for delays and such that does not impact tone and response?

I have to say that in hard bypass mode the amp is exactly what I'm looking for. I can go from benson to angus to johnson on the fly...thats what I bought the amp for. I have got to find a fix for the effects though to be completely happy.
Here is how I have been using the gmajor.

gmajor input/output 12:00 or a bit higher
fx switched off on the back for each channel
master fx switch on in back
any ideas?

I agree, hard bypass is there for a reason, and the amp sounds awesome without the loop circuit.

But, I need the FX loop for gigs, and honestly the tone is still very usable and when the amp is really opened up there's not that much difference to me anyway. When I finally record this head it will be hard bypass all the way ! :twisted:

One thing you can try is to swap out your V5 tube (FX Loop send/return) and see if your situation improves, the noise you hear my be a (going) bad tube.

Don't sweat it. The amp sounds great (when EQ'ed right) no matter what.

Dom

your right....I spent a couple hours tweaking and now I have the loop sounding great...the hard bypass is just so plug and play..basically sounds good no matter where the knobs are... I am looking at the gsp1101 as a possibility to remove most of the pedals ( all true bypass) and get closer to straight wire and tubes.

Back