Full view of the Mark V rear panel

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrcomputer

Reaction score
Anyone seen that yet? The Mesa site has the rear panel in sections and does not show the channel reverb settings on the Pentode / Triode switch.

Which bank to rob?

jbw

Check again; they've updated that section now.

m5_fullrearpanel.jpg

hmm, not sure why they used a toggle switch for the bias select. I would prefer a slider (that locks?), kind of like the ones used for computer power supplies to select 110 or 220

Unless I'm missing something, from that pic it looks like no tube rectification option on channel 3 which is where I'd like it the most... hmm.

Edited for correction...

From the Mesa site:
Rectifier Tracking™
* Auto-selects Tube for all 10 Watt Modes
* Diode for all 90 Watt Modes
* Selectable Tube or Diode for 45 Watt Modes on Channels 1 and 2
* Diode for 45 Watt Mode on Channel 3

Channel 3 is only Silicon Diode Rectifier... No tube

all 3 channels operate in diode mode, when at 95 watts simul class,

when in 10 watt mode its automatically tube rectifier..

on channels 1 and 2 when in 45 watts you can select either rectifier.

Only 4 ext. jacks so the loop and the tuner mute looks like it's only switchable from the footswitch??? That dang tuner mute on the footswitch is the only thing keeping me from running the head through a rack switcher.

Yeah, but it's a mental thing... and no ext jack for Ch. 1 either. Not complaining at all. It will make the decision easier to stick with the footswitch.

Channel one is default.
If the others are not acivated 1 is on.
I was thinking the same thing but they covered every thing almost with just 4.
Just do the math.

wonder if RJM will make custom cables to use in place of the foot switch....

kiff said:
hmm, not sure why they used a toggle switch for the bias select. I would prefer a slider (that locks?), kind of like the ones used for computer power supplies to select 110 or 220
I agree. That thing could easily get bumped, so you have to check it all the time. I bet that will be one of the first things they change on the next revision.

MesaDCLP said:
kiff said:
I agree. That thing could easily get bumped, so you have to check it all the time. I bet that will be one of the first things they change on the next revision.
I noticed that too. They have the warning light, but why not at least shield the switch like they do on Lone Stars?

I'm bummed that Mesa hasn't gone to midi for their switching.
:(

I was also disappointed to see that there is no external switch for the effects loop. That makes it a little more complicated to use the amp with another preamp while using an external controller - I run my Mark IV like this.

I really like the solo boost feature though...and I'm also glad they improved the clean channel (at least it seems that way).

Tuna141 said:
I'm bummed that Mesa hasn't gone to midi for their switching.
:(

I was also disappointed to see that there is no external switch for the effects loop. That makes it a little more complicated to use the amp with another preamp while using an external controller - I run my Mark IV like this.

I really like the solo boost feature though...and I'm also glad they improved the clean channel (at least it seems that way).

I was wondering the same why they didn't add a midi in /out to the MKV. any guesses as to why? lots of amps out there are now adding midi to heads. engl, diezel, H&K, JVM Marshall, Laney TT, Koch Supernova, and those are the ones off the top of my head... Any thoughts why Mesa isnt getting in the game on this point?

I don't think they'll revise the amp to install a $.50 washer/nut/shroud for a minitoggle. :lol:

midi would probably take the amp up into RK pricing territory which I doubt they wanted.

If you have a looper and switcher ~ you can turn the loop on and off.

The reason why company do not put MIDI on amps is less than 10% of guitar players use it. It's not like you can not use MIDI with it with a few more pieces.
I wish it had it also .....

Back