full power vs. tweed on LSC?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toneguy86

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just curious what people tend to use and what their settings are. I have noticed a need to bump up mids when I use the tweed settings (11:00 or so). I love the spongy sort of feel with the lowered voltage. The full power setting is just so stiff unless I dump most of the mids though. Anyone else noticed the difference. I play a Les Paul or PRS with p90s.

Mark

+1

I spend most of my time on tweed in 10W on the LSC for the same reason. Mids & bass settings depend on guitar used (a variety of PRS with different pups), and what I am trying to do, usually in the 10 am - 2pm range

Using tweed on CH2 with a Fulltone FDII gets me a killer base tone with 2 additional boosts available through the pedal - really responsive and opens up the mid range nicely

Chester said:
+1

I spend most of my time on tweed in 10W on the LSC for the same reason. Mids & bass settings depend on guitar used (a variety of PRS with different pups), and what I am trying to do, usually in the 10 am - 2pm range

Using tweed on CH2 with a Fulltone FDII gets me a killer base tone with 2 additional boosts available through the pedal - really responsive and opens up the mid range nicely

I have the original version (50/100w) so that set up won't work for me. I'm a big guitar volume control rider, so I actually use the solo boost as a way of varying saturation on both channels. I have just really struggled in some venues with midrange either being lost or just plain becoming overwhelming to the point where the notes just seem ponderous (if you know what I mean). Lately I am never bringing mids on either channel up above 10 or 11:00

toneguy86 said:
Chester said:
+1

I have the original version (50/100w) so that set up won't work for me. I'm a big guitar volume control rider, so I actually use the solo boost as a way of varying saturation on both channels. I have just really struggled in some venues with midrange either being lost or just plain becoming overwhelming to the point where the notes just seem ponderous (if you know what I mean). Lately I am never bringing mids on either channel up above 10 or 11:00

Interesting you get the issue with your P90's too - the LP I can understand

Not sure if you use pedals, but the FDII opens up that edge on CH2 for me, so mid saturation becomes less of an issue. The amp can become darker in the mids when I play 59/09 PRS Pup's, so a tweak on the tone pot of the FDII fixes it nicely

Good luck

Latest posts

Back