• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FT/FS Mesa 100 Watt Tremoverb Dual Rec 2x12 combo PRICE DROP

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aw9190

Reaction score
I have a 100 watt Tremoverb Dual Rectifier 2x12 combo for sale. The amp is a worn but plays, and sounds great. It has two small rips in the grill cloth. It is a relatively inexpensive fix that you can do yourself if it bothers you. It has on board reverb, and an onboard tremolo. Very versatile amp. It has celestion vintage 30's in it. It was loaded with el-34 tubes, and I put 6l6's in this amp. It is tighter with the 6l6's. I will include the el-34's as well they are in perfect working order. You can choose which you like better by swapping them out. This thing really cuts through the mix. If 100 watts is too much you can pull either the two inside or two outside tubes, and one rectifier tube. It will then be running at 50 watts. You also need to divide the impedance in half. It is perfectly safe to do this. This Is way too much amp for me. It has a modern voicing, and I am more of a marshall guy. It is heavy sounding I mean it is a rectifier series. It comes with the footswitch also. I am asking $1000 for it. Any reasonable cash offer will not be refused. I would trade it for a mesa electra dyne combo, or lonestar classic combo Please do not ask me if it is still available. If you see this ad I still have it. Do not hesitate to ask any questions, just shoot me an email. Lets work something out. I would like to deal locally. I live within New York City.

Straight from Mesa's website:
Features
• 100 Watts, Class A/B Power / 4x6L6, 6x12AX7, 2x5U4
• Bias Select Switch (6L6/EL-34)
• 2 Channels, 4 Modes (Clean, Vintage High Gain, Blues & Modern High Gain)
• Independent Gain, Bass, Mid, Treble, Presence, Reverb and Master Controls per Channel
• Channel Cloning
• Rectifier Select Switch (Tube/Silicon Diodes)
• Bold/Spongy "Variac" Switch
• Spring Reverb
• Assignable Tremolo w/Speed & Depth Controls
• Parallel FX Loop w/Send & Mix Level Controls
• 1 Button Footswitch (Channel Select)

DSC00419.jpg

DSC00418.jpg

DSC00417.jpg

DSC00416.jpg

DSC00415.jpg

I recorded a clip of the amp, The playing is crap. I didn't have a lot of time. These are a few settings that I use. Note I never scoop mids out EVER this amp sounds good with mids scooped just like a great mesa should, but is not my thing to do that. Once again I am very sorry for butchering songs, but this should give you can idea.

Its in Vintage High Gain from Beginning - 2.07
Modern High Gain 2.09 - 3.43
Clean 3.43 - 4.09
Clean rhythm with tremolo on, and blues mode for leads 4.03 - end

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=1164117&songID=11024860

Latest posts

Back