• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: MK III, 105PT, NO STRIPE, SIMUL, EQ, REV-- SOLD

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mazz

Reaction score
I have decided to part with my no stripe mk III. This was one of the first built and contains the famous 105 PT left over from the Mark 11C+ Amps. Here are the details:
Currently this is a HEAD. Brand new headshell from Boogie with new reverb tank and fan. I STILL HAVE THE ORIGINAL COMBO CAB. I will sell this amp in combo form or as a head.

I purchased this amp back in 1985 after multiple discussions with Steve Kimock who worked there at the time. (A little history-- this was the 2nd amp they sent me. The first had some problems from what I can remember and yes it was a Mark II C +.... ugh. By the time they replaced it, they were starting to produce the Mark III which at the time was considered an improvement...Who would have known... :lol: )
The chassis is signed by Randall Smith himself and is a no-stripe. I have all original documentation.
I have regularly serviced this amp-- last time was a couple of months ago. Not much needed to be done- I just brought it in for a check up. Tubes all good. 6L6s are Sovtek and EL34s I think are just boogie tubes.
This is a truly great sounding amp-- I will take $1200 for either the head or combo so make an offer if you like for the style of your choice. I am in no hurry to sell so please only serious offers. Thanks. You can email me directly at [email protected] or post a reply.
DSC_5661.jpg

DSC_5663.jpg

Thanks for the help gts. As always you are a wealth of knowledge. I will get the pics up soon.

gts said:
Interestingly it's in a MkIV headshell.

Hey GTS-- it may very well fit a MKIV-- I ordered it direct from Mesa and they built it for me. I'm sure it would fit any short mark chassis. The reason I didn't order it from you was simply because they shipped it with reverb tank and fan installed. I didn't know if that was something you were going to do-- I guess I should have asked. You do great work from what I can see and I would certainly recommend anyone looking for a shell check you out.

Amp and headshell are SOLD!! I will be listing my 2X12 cabinet separately along with the combo shell and road case. Stay tuned...

Latest posts

Back