• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Mesa Quad Pre - Sold!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mglenn

Reaction score
Mesa Quad - SOLD
This preamp is the Mark II/III preamps stacked in one 3 space unit basically. It has the original stock mesa tubes from the early 90's and still sounds fine. There are 8 12ax7s in there I believe (4 in each preamp) and the reverb works on both channels. The footswitch is also included and fully functional. In addition, I will ship it in a sturdy rack case. There are no performance issues and the only scratches are light rack-rash. I've run it through an old Mesa 50/50 poweramp and it sounded fantastic. It is similar to the studio I have, but it is definitely more of the straight Mark tone. It has more push/pull knobs for tone adjustments and more mids (especially on the III pre) than the studio preamp. Its a really cool pre and I've always wanted to try one, but having a studio and a Mark V covers most of the Mark territory I think... haha. I basically had a 1, 2 Mark IIs, 3, 4 and 5 going PLUS the studio! I'd rather trade it and grab a non-Mesa amp at this point I think. I'm asking 600 plus shipping, US only.

http://s874.photobucket.com/user/stuartglenn/library/Mesa Quad Pre

The only trades I'd really consider would be for an AXE FX standard or an Eleven Rack. I need a good quiet rig to play at home (babies everywhere!) and while I love the simplicity that made me switch from my old AXE FX, I miss the great tone and low volumes. The Eleven Rack would do just as nicely I think for my purposes and probably save me a LOT of money, so that one is definitely on the table as well.

Thanks and feel free to ask questions!

Latest posts

Back