• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Mesa Mark V head (w/ spare tubes)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MusicManJP6 said:
dmcguitar said:
You going ultra?

how do you plan on running that may i ask? (i wanted that and then thought i'd be to much to get a power amp, and/or s flat monitor system to let it run the best)

so what clips did you listen to that pushed you over the edge? (i am still waiting on the book you need to right about all the gear you've gone through :mrgreen: )

A friend of mine got one a month ago and after hearing it twice I asked him to bring it over and let me borrow it for a few days. That was all it took. We ran it through his power amp into my 3/4 back cab. Sounds killer! We had the cab sims turned off. This is how I'll most likely run it when I get one. I'll probably save some cash and go with the Standard.

I would recommend trying it with an FR powered monitor like the QSCs and even the Atomic FR. I ventured over to GC after hours since my buddy manages the one closest to me and plugged into a whole slew of powered monitors (not the Atomic of course) and monitors like the QSC HPR122i are awesome when paired with the Axe. If you still want to go traditional power amp and cab i would look into a SS power amp like the ART SLA-2... lots of headroom and with the right cab sounds awesome.

jdurso said:
MusicManJP6 said:
dmcguitar said:
You going ultra?

how do you plan on running that may i ask? (i wanted that and then thought i'd be to much to get a power amp, and/or s flat monitor system to let it run the best)

so what clips did you listen to that pushed you over the edge? (i am still waiting on the book you need to right about all the gear you've gone through :mrgreen: )

A friend of mine got one a month ago and after hearing it twice I asked him to bring it over and let me borrow it for a few days. That was all it took. We ran it through his power amp into my 3/4 back cab. Sounds killer! We had the cab sims turned off. This is how I'll most likely run it when I get one. I'll probably save some cash and go with the Standard.

I would recommend trying it with an FR powered monitor like the QSCs and even the Atomic FR. I ventured over to GC after hours since my buddy manages the one closest to me and plugged into a whole slew of powered monitors (not the Atomic of course) and monitors like the QSC HPR122i are awesome when paired with the Axe. If you still want to go traditional power amp and cab i would look into a SS power amp like the ART SLA-2... lots of headroom and with the right cab sounds awesome.

Can't afford a nice powered monitor like the QSCs, but I pulled the trigger on an ART SLA-2. It sounds great powering my EV loaded 3/4 back. I have it bridged so it is pushing 560w to the speaker. Sounds great!

MusicManJP6 said:
Can't afford a nice powered monitor like the QSCs, but I pulled the trigger on an ART SLA-2. It sounds great powering my EV loaded 3/4 back. I have it bridged so it is pushing 560w to the speaker. Sounds great!

Nice, can't go wrong with that setup.

mystidream said:
Isn't that massively overpowering your EV? 560 watts?

Same question as mystidream...

I'm in limbo myself, I am very interested in going the Axe FX route, but would like to have enough power to run a pair of 2x12 guitar cabinets at mid-size gigging (bars & outdoor gigs at parks). I'm not sure what kind of SS power amp wattage I would need? :?

I currently run the AXE output at noon and the ART output at 9 or 10 o'clock. I am not pushing much volume/power at all. I just recently switched to bridge mode, but I might go back to stereo and run one channel with the ART maxed and control the volume from the AXE output like several people on the Fractal forum suggest doing.

Best of luck with the new set-up Adam! I admit, your Axe-Fx/POD/modeler idea has crossed my mind multiple times, but I just can't find the balls to do it. The problem is that I keep having flashbacks to the debacle that I had with the GT-8 and powered monitor set-up. Obviously, the Axe-Fx is light years beyond that in quality :lol:, but I'm still gun shy.

I'm eagerly awaiting your clips of it. Hey, maybe you'll change my mind and I'll grow some stones :lol: :mrgreen:

Matt

Awh man. I haven't been on the board much or I would have said something funny because I said your MK V would be gone in 3 months when you got it. You kept it longer than that though. I'll be looking for some YouTube vids soon

Back