• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Mesa Mark V head (w/ spare tubes)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MusicManJP6

Reaction score
For sale is my 2009 Mark V head. Bought it around mid-November. Has only left my house twice. Sits covered with the slipcover in my smoke-free music room when not in use. Will ship in original Mesa box (in plastic overwrap) and comes with slipcover, footswitch (with bag and midi cable), manual (and all paperwork), hang tags, power cable, full set of spare tubes (4 TungSols, 1 Mullard, 1 GE, and 1 Electro Harmonix and a matched quad of JJ E34Ls). Have not even registered the warranty yet.

$1900 shipped/pp'd

IMG_2119.jpg

This wouldn't have anything to do with a little rumor about another MusicMan enthusiest using one, would it? :D

Well good luck on your sale. Thats a killer price for an almost brand new Mark V and the extra tubes. I expect a full review on the Axe Fx when you get it.

You going ultra?

how do you plan on running that may i ask? (i wanted that and then thought i'd be to much to get a power amp, and/or s flat monitor system to let it run the best)

so what clips did you listen to that pushed you over the edge? (i am still waiting on the book you need to right about all the gear you've gone through :mrgreen: )

dmcguitar said:
You going ultra?

how do you plan on running that may i ask? (i wanted that and then thought i'd be to much to get a power amp, and/or s flat monitor system to let it run the best)

so what clips did you listen to that pushed you over the edge? (i am still waiting on the book you need to right about all the gear you've gone through :mrgreen: )

A friend of mine got one a month ago and after hearing it twice I asked him to bring it over and let me borrow it for a few days. That was all it took. We ran it through his power amp into my 3/4 back cab. Sounds killer! We had the cab sims turned off. This is how I'll most likely run it when I get one. I'll probably save some cash and go with the Standard.

Somebody get Adam's Mark V so I can hear an AxeFx!

Adam's great to deal with and a close friend. No worries when getting gear from him!

Heritage Softail said:
So is does the Axe FX beat down the Eleven Rack?
In every possible way except price. Although the 11 rack is still pretty decent, it's just that the Axe Fx is that good.

Jacko123 said:
< - Big dummy here. How does that work? It's a pre-amp, so you still need an amp to run it through? What kind?

Correct, you need a power amp to run to a cab or you can use the cab sims and go direct to PA or PC for direct recording.

I believe the amp might be sold to a guy on the JP forum. I am awaiting a payment!

Wow, MusicMan...you DO go thru the gear. I guess if that AxeFx sounds that good, I ought to lookinto one and give a listen sometime....oh yeah, I gotta find a job first! :shock:

Good luck w/ your quest...keep us posted!

rocksalt7 said:
Wow, MusicMan...you DO go thru the gear. I guess if that AxeFx sounds that good, I ought to lookinto one and give a listen sometime....oh yeah, I gotta find a job first! :shock:

Good luck w/ your quest...keep us posted!

Well, I knew the AXE was the only piece of gear that could trump the Mark V...

Trumping is a strong word. Tone trumping is in ear of the beholder I guess. Since I don't sell old toys to buy new ones, I can't afford to get the high end toys you do.

Let us know in a year if it is still better.

Very few things stay on top of my tone world for a year :lol:

Heritage Softail said:
Very few things stay on top of my tone world for a year :lol:

Ha, I have to agree! I say 'trump' because it does the Mark tones AND Recto tones AND Marshall AND Vox AND HiWatt AND Diezel, AND...... you get the picture. Not to mention the stellar effects on board and direct record capabilities. It just matches my current situation better than a fancy tube amp that will never see the massive volume levels it is capable of producing...

Latest posts

Back