• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Mesa Mark IV B Head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubescreamer

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

The time has come, and it breaks my heart - to put my Mark IV Head on the market. I haven't posted here in well over a year, but I'm glad I remembered abou the boogie board. This amp has served me very well since I acquired it in a trade for my Trem-O-Verb and I've been in a constant honeymoon phase. This amp does all things well, as I'm sure you all know. I'm down to answer any questions you may have as I know my way around this amp pretty well (took me a while! ;)).

I am open to trades for anything, but I'm also open to selling it straight up as school needs to be paid for as well. Send me your offers please! Also may be willing to sell the practically new (still has stickers on it) 2x12 Rectifier cab I have with it as well. I have nightmares about shipping the cab though :oops:

CASH IS KING!

Facts:
-1993 "B" variant - attached power cable + changes to lead channel
-No scratchy pots
-Newish tubes (2x6L6 and 2xEL34 in power section, collection of Tung Sol, JJ High Gain 12AX7 and Chinese 12AX7 in preamp)
-Custom soft cover (cost $50)
-Swappable faceplates (I've never seen this anywhere else - take a look at the pics)
-Sounds like sex with a BB Preamp boosting it.
-Footswitch works perfectly

Including all extras & new tubes, price is $1,400 + Shipping and Paypal fees. Price with money order is $1350 + Shipping. Trade value is $1600.

Here are the pictures! It really looks best in person and to counter the crappiness of my camera I took each pic with and without flash so you can get the best idea. This amp has been babied!

IMG_4317.jpg

IMG_4318.jpg

IMG_4319.jpg

IMG_4321.jpg

IMG_4322.jpg

IMG_4323.jpg

IMG_4324.jpg

IMG_4325.jpg

IMG_4327.jpg

I don't think that's a 1993, the first where made in or around 1994 and had the old Mark series styling, this is one with a powdercoated chassis instead of a faceplate and with the black taurus leather and leather corners.

To my knowledge this must be a 1995 or later model.

I'm going to stand by the fact that it is a 1993 for the time being. I know it is a very early B because it still has the attached power cord. The serial number is IV-007191 - if that means anything to you.

Tubescreamer said:
I'm going to stand by the fact that it is a 1993 for the time being. I know it is a very early B because it still has the attached power cord. The serial number is IV-007191 - if that means anything to you.
Where are you located?

primeholy said:
Tubescreamer said:
Where are you located?

Portland, Oregon

Hello

there is 4 power amp tubes JJ in your amps. How made you for bias regulating? Bias is fixed and not adaptable on mesa amp.

Thanks

liquidchris said:
Hello

there is 4 power amp tubes JJ in your amps. How made you for bias regulating? Bias is fixed and not adaptable on mesa amp.

Thanks

What?

I ordered the mark IV full retube kit from eurotubes. They work perfectly fine. You can swap between EL-34 and 6L6 so long as you only put a pair in the outer sockets. I have since replaced those power tubes with all 6L6's and I prefer this, although I will include the 34's in the sale!

Tubescreamer said:
liquidchris said:
Hello

Thanks

What?

I ordered the mark IV full retube kit from eurotubes. They work perfectly fine. You can swap between EL-34 and 6L6 so long as you only put a pair in the outer sockets. I have since replaced those power tubes with all 6L6's and I prefer this, although I will include the 34's in the sale!

Yep, as long as the tubes are selected to meet Mesa's specs they will sound great. Out of the fixed bias range will still work, but won't sound very good.

ToneAddictJon said:
Hey, it's my old Mark IV :)
Good luck with the sale. Bump for a great guy and a great amp

Hey Jon!

Funny story man, I actually traded it to another local person for a bogner shiva head. I had that for a good amount of time, and I guess the other guitar player was unable to try and sell the IV so he called me up almost a year later and wanted to trade back :O

Luckily enough for him, I missed it just enough where I was cool with it! :lol:

$50 price drop, $1400 + paypal fees, shipping. Price is 1350+shipping if you pay with a money order!

Tubescreamer said:

I know this is an old thread. Just want to add that 7191 should be well newer than a 1993 model. Probably between 95 and 2000. 11xxx were made around 2003-2004 so go figure.

Latest posts

Back