• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Marshall JCM 800 2210 - Nice condition

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weirdbeard

Reaction score
Vintage Marshall JCM 800 100 Watt "Lead Series" Head.

$1099

PM me with any questions. Local, face to face sale only.

100_3124.jpg

100_3125.jpg

100_3132.jpg

OK, So I take it you didn't learn anything at the Marshall forum...

Your information in your ad is wrong again and with the same errors.

That is not the original footswitch.

There is not a reissue of the 2210.

Sure Slash and Zakk play JCM800's but they play 2203's. Note the 2203ZW and the 2203KK.

Do not come on here peddling in this fashion. Many members here are also members there.

Try learning about your amp before you profess about it's values.

Do you know what year it was made? How about some pics of the internals? What kind of tubes are in it? Has it ever been modded? If so, how? When was it last serviced? These are the types of questions you need to answer for people instead of giving them a misinformed ad from a misinformed seller.

And did you pull your ad over there claiming that it was sold?

Guys, would watch out with this character selling this amp or any gear for that matter.

Nice looking amp cosmetically but from the front but somewhat shady seller.

And another thing....

If you must post your lame ad at least do it in the right section.

Ok, this *** got me to reply.. I really didn't want to waste another second of my life dealing with this internet tough guy, but I am beginning to tire of his following me around the internet and bashing my ad.

Going through your list of things about my ad that is not up to your standards:

1, The majority of my ad comes from Ebay, I didn't write it. It is the same text that people selling these heads use. It is copied and pasted. That includes the section about the reissue. If it is wrong, then maybe you should start tracking all those people down and start heckling their adds as well. Zack and Slash both used the Marshall JCM 800 series. If you don't like the wording, too bad.

2, That is the foot switch that I got with it when I bought it. I was told that it is the original from the guy I bought it from. I had a 2210 back in the 80's that I bought new and it had one that looked just like that but with some writing painted on it. This just looks like it is worn off. I'm pretty sure it is the original.

3, I deleted my post on the other site because your insults and negative comments may stray an interested party away from buying a perfectly good amp from an honest person. My goal here is to sell my amp to someone that wants one, not to screw anyone over or mislead them.

4, I am not an amp technician or an expert on amps and I shouldn't need to be in order to play through one and sell it when I am ready to. If people interested in buying it, have questions about the tubes or whatever, they are welcome to ask and I will answer to the best of my ability. If you are not interested in buying it, then you are just wasting everyone's time.

5, Don't tell me what I should learn. I am not looking to take a lesson form some internet amp geek on the history and guts of the 2210. I am just trying to sell one. I have sold many, many amps and other musical instruments and accessories in my day with out your help.

6, I don't know if you are a 14 year old kid with nothing better to do with your time or what your deal is, but I have better things to do with my time than answer to your E-Thug, Amp geek, nit pick, replies.

Write back all you want. Waste as much of your time as you would like picking apart my reply, but don't expect another reply from me. Iwanted to be done with your crap yesterday.

If anyone is interested in this amp and has questions, feel free to PM me. I will be happy to show anyone my ebay profile/Rating (Which is 100% positive, and even do the sale through Ebay if you are more comfortable with that) that may be concerned about my intensions thanks to Ross.

Weirdbeard, There are two classified sections here. This one just happens to be for Mesa's only. This is the section you should post this in.

Aside from that. You might want to shoot Marshall an E-mail asking for more info on this amp. They can tell you a lot just from the serial number. This should allow you to create a more accurate description. Otherwise your current description has flaws that can be spotted by anyone with knowledge of the JCM 800 series. This would make it appear that you're trying to deceive people. Whether or not you are, I don't know. But many people just assume, as they should, with how many crooks lounge around forums and classifieds you can never be too cautious.

*Also, Name calling and putdowns will make you look unprofessional as a seller. I understand you're being critized and your credibility is being questioned and maybe he's wrong in doing so. But to call him an *** and make assumptions that he's some 14 year old e-troll is a bit much. He's clearly a long time poster just trying to help steer others away from buying something that has been described innaccurately.

If everybody's intentions are good, then theres no reason we can't keep it positive.

I am in the Boston area. MA.

*EDIT*
Sorry for posting in the wrong section. I thought the "Boogie" in Boogie Classifides was referring to the name "The Boogie Board" not specific to Boogie amps. Maybe a mod could move it.

First off, I am trying to help you and everyone else out. If that makes me an *** I guess that is what I am. Truthfully, I almost left you alone completely to let yourself look like an *** but I care about the rest of the people here too much.

If you don't know the amp from another Marshall amp then again you should probably learn a little more about it before you advertise to sell. This is not being a bully or trying to tell you that you need an education about amps. This is just asking you to be reasonable and take the time to know about what you are selling. Would you want to buy your next car from someone that didn't know anything about it?

If I sold you a Mesa footswitch and told you it was the original that went with the Marshall would you believe me? That footswitch is a generic replacement. They can be found all over e-bay. I know this because I replaced mine when I had a 2210 myself.

If having some knowledge about certain amps makes me an amp geek I would rather be that amp geek than just ignorant.

So if you don't want your time wasted by someone trying to point you in the right direction that is actually trying to help you then go ahead and live your ignorant life flipping amps you know nothing about. If that sounds like the reasoning of a 14 year old you must be all of 12.

When I saw your ad originally over on the Marshall forum I was thrilled to see what appeared to be a nice example of a well kept 2210. It was only after reading your ad that I figured out that you didn't have a clue about what you were selling. That disagusted me and I felt that those who might not know what they might buy may not be the amp that they thought they were getting. Imagine your twin 12 year old brother spending his life savings on the amp that you told him was the amp that Slash or Zakk used. Imagine the heartbreak when he realized later that it wasn't the amp that he actually wanted. Think about it...

Your defensive posture here only amplifies the fact that you might not be the one to buy from.

As was stated I am no noob here. For that matter, in a recent brief break from hanging here people were looking for my assistance and even posted up queries about what happened to me. I have built a rep here as someone that cares about others and someone that might be able to assist you if you need help overcoming an issue. I don't want to sound like I am blowing my own horn here but that is the case.

Often people's attitudes and tones are not understood properly. This is something that has proven to be an obstacle time and time again online in discussion boards and forums. I don't mean to sound like a bully. I am certainly not a troll. Sometimes I will get someone angry or offended. It happens. It is usually because they don't know any better though. Like everyone else here and on the Marshall forum I am enthusiastic about the gear that I like. I might have been a little harsh by saying "your lame ad". Fine... but it still sucks.

Honestly, I hate to chime in but you cannot post an ad for a sale and then claim that this misrepresentation of the item is due to your copying the item description from an ebay auction. Passing the buck on your own lack of knowledge about an item should and will turn buyers away.

You and only you are responsible for the item description. There is no one else. You own this amp and you own the ad that you posted.

Please update your item description and repost your ad on the non-mesa section of the site. Lots of people surf this site which is great for sellers.

Did anyone mention to you that it is kind of a bad idea to make your first post an ad? Some sites won't even let you post an ad until you have been there for a little while.

Russ said:
Did anyone mention to you that it is kind of a bad idea to make your first post an ad? Some sites won't even let you post an ad until you have been there for a little while.
The Gear Page is like that. Have to be a member for like a month just to post in the Classifieds.

I'll be honest and say one of my first posts here was in the classifieds. :lol: :oops: But I'm solid and post on a number of forums. I can provide plenty of references and great Ebay feedback. :D

Russ did come off as pretty insulting and condescending, and if this guy is trying to legitimately sell something, I can understand why he'd be pissed about some guy coming onto the ad and telling people not to buy it.

That being said - the suggestions everyone else here has echoed are definitely true. This is the wrong section. You are completely responsible for your ad description's accuracy. It doesn't matter why it's inaccurate. If it's inaccurate, that is your fault alone. And frankly I'd be a little pissed if you passed that off as the original foot switch and I bought the amp. ALTHOUGH, for that very reason, I think any buyer should ALWAYS perform due diligence and ask for pictures, serial numbers, and whatever can validate the info that's important to him. It is true that a huge number of people out there may not know or understand their piece of gear the way you do, and it would behoove everyone to check stuff out before the send money for something. Finally, the idea that he should have to post pics of the electronics, tubes, etc. is a bit ludicrous. If you want those pics, ask for them. It shouldn't be a requirement.

And for the record, I believe my first post on this board was a classified. I got a few potential buyers who were nervous, but it turned out fine. I've had a couple classifieds since then, and all has gone smooth. I also recently purchased something from a guy on this board who had under 10 posts. This time I was a little nervous. But you've got to realize that a lot of times the need to buy or sell gear is what brings someone to this forum for the first time.

I'm not trying to make any enemies here. Let's all just back off each other a little, give each other the benefit of the doubt, and try to be nice when we point stuff out. There's a lot of crap that I don't know, and as long as I don't get defensive, I'll keep on learning. On the same token, it's nice when the people that I learn from show some patience with me.

Thanks for indulging the ramble. (Assuming you did. :wink: )

Well it sounds like RUss has already tried the nice way of telling the guy about the amp on another forum.

As other people have said and I also back this up, as a seller it is your job to describe the amp accurate, if you do not know something to be true then dont state it in your ad.

Ebay is not a legitimate form of a research tool, there is more mis information there then anywhere else and people that just try to rip people off. It is sellers like this guy, that are to lazy to do research and contact the real people that know, or take advice from real people that know that make ebay and other online sales horror stories

By the way, to the seller, here is a little advice, you will have better luck selling an item if you do research and know what yhou are talking about. People lose faith in people that just give false statements, it leads them to believe that either the guy is trying to rip you off or he is just plan stupid.

And when it comes to tube amps, I dont want to buy one from a guy that is stupid and does not know about them, tells me it was probaly never maintained and might have alot of issues.

metal190 said:
Russ did come off as pretty insulting and condescending, and if this guy is trying to legitimately sell something, I can understand why he'd be pissed about some guy coming onto the ad and telling people not to buy it.

That being said - the suggestions everyone else here has echoed are definitely true. This is the wrong section. You are completely responsible for your ad description's accuracy. It doesn't matter why it's inaccurate. If it's inaccurate, that is your fault alone. And frankly I'd be a little pissed if you passed that off as the original foot switch and I bought the amp. ALTHOUGH, for that very reason, I think any buyer should ALWAYS perform due diligence and ask for pictures, serial numbers, and whatever can validate the info that's important to him. It is true that a huge number of people out there may not know or understand their piece of gear the way you do, and it would behoove everyone to check stuff out before the send money for something. Finally, the idea that he should have to post pics of the electronics, tubes, etc. is a bit ludicrous. If you want those pics, ask for them. It shouldn't be a requirement.

And for the record, I believe my first post on this board was a classified. I got a few potential buyers who were nervous, but it turned out fine. I've had a couple classifieds since then, and all has gone smooth. I also recently purchased something from a guy on this board who had under 10 posts. This time I was a little nervous. But you've got to realize that a lot of times the need to buy or sell gear is what brings someone to this forum for the first time.

I'm not trying to make any enemies here. Let's all just back off each other a little, give each other the benefit of the doubt, and try to be nice when we point stuff out. There's a lot of crap that I don't know, and as long as I don't get defensive, I'll keep on learning. On the same token, it's nice when the people that I learn from show some patience with me.

Thanks for indulging the ramble. (Assuming you did. :wink: )

I thought Slash played a JCM2555 Silver Jubilee head and has since switched to a Vintage Modern. Just thought I'd bring that up since accuracy is so important. Hah hah. :p

You're right about Slash having played a 2555 Jubilee. He even had his 2555 signature head. I was unaware of his switching to a Vintage Modern recently (thanks for the update). To be honest, I got a little sidetracked in the middle of addressing the amps of Slash, Zakk, and Kerry King all at the same time trying to straighten out our new friend's ad. Slash did use a 2203 for cleans during the recording of Appetite however. He then used a Caswell modded Super Tremolo for his most noteable tones though on that record. It was after having to return that rented SIR #39 amp that he began using the 2555 exclusively. That Super Tremolo was such a good amp that he actually tried to steal it but a roadie made a mistake and brought it back in to SIR for a rehearsal. Actually George Lynch wanted to steal it previously on tour with it. He even has said that he had thought about having a tech transplant the amp into another headshell and replace the modded Super Tremolo with a different Super Tremolo. Crazy, huh? What some guys will think of in order to have their tone... :roll:

Latest posts

Back