• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS/FT Mesa Boogie Road King

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackwater

Reaction score
Mesa Boogie Road King in very minty condition with foot controller and newer tubes.

$1,800

as far as trades I am open to partial or full. I have owned plenty of DR's so I would prefer a Lone Star or maybe a Stiletto?

I don't frequent the Boogie Board much so if you PM me you might also want to email me as well.

[email protected]

I have tons of refrences on HC and Ebay.

Picture bump and price drop!
$1750

RoadKing001.jpg

RoadKing014.jpg

RoadKing019.jpg

It's funny to hear people talk about how confusing a Road King is - it really isn't bad when you look at it channel by channel, although I've also been playing through one for a year. I guess it looked a little daunting when I first plugged in.

metal190 said:
It's funny to hear people talk about how confusing a Road King is - it really isn't bad when you look at it channel by channel, although I've also been playing through one for a year. I guess it looked a little daunting when I first plugged in.

Some people think an F-50 is overcomplicated. I believe some of the reason people dislike Mesa is because they take that approach of each channel being a seperate amp in most of their amps.

I am pretty good at figuring stuff out so it was a no brainer for me but I can perfectly see where people get confused on why it just doesn't sound "right" due to improperly set controls.

Greg

Yeah, plug and play amps isn't exactly Mesa's niche. If you want killer tone, get a boogie. But be ready to tweak and experiment.

The first amp I ever bought was a Road King (My mum bought me my first little SS practise amp all those years ago) and before I got it, I was like "****... this is going to be so overwhelming... i dont know if i will be able to use it" but when it arrived and I started using it, I found it to be really fucking simple.

I have since bought a 2ch DR and when I first got that, I was like "what the ****?? there's nothing to this amp"

metal190 said:
Yeah, plug and play amps isn't exactly Mesa's niche. If you want killer tone, get a boogie. But be ready to tweak and experiment.

One thing I forgot to mention is that Boogie's are like Women.

If you just stick your plug in, you're not gunna make it scream. You gotta fiddle with the knobs a bit for a long time, until it seems like you've already tried everything. Once you think there's nothing left to do, you gotta flip her around and start working it from behind. Remeber, you gotta spend just as much time working it this way as you did from the front. Now you gotta reach around to the front again and keep fiddling with those knobs some more and once you finally get fed up with this fooling around because its way too much effort for the amount of enjoyment you get out of it in the end... that's when you go back to the front and ram your plug in the socket. You hit the G chord/spot and it'll be the greatest experience of your life.

I found it was super easy to find great tones in minutes. With all of the flexibility you can really develop that "tone" you hear in your head. Honestly this has to be one of the most flexible amps on the market.

Areola said:
metal190 said:

One thing I forgot to mention is that Boogie's are like Women.

If you just stick your plug in, you're not gunna make it scream. You gotta fiddle with the knobs a bit for a long time, until it seems like you've already tried everything. Once you think there's nothing left to do, you gotta flip her around and start working it from behind. Remeber, you gotta spend just as much time working it this way as you did from the front. Now you gotta reach around to the front again and keep fiddling with those knobs some more and once you finally get fed up with this fooling around because its way too much effort for the amount of enjoyment you get out of it in the end... that's when you go back to the front and ram your plug in the socket. You hit the G chord/spot and it'll be the greatest experience of your life.

LMFAO!! hahaha. that is hilarious.

Latest posts

Back