from johnpetrucci.com forum jam road king clip

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aramism

Reaction score
THIS IS NOT THE WHOLE SONG. ONLY 1/4 OF IT AND ONLY RHYTHYM GUITARS. HAVE TO RECORD MORE RAW GUITAR TRACKS AND MIX THEM BETTER WITH ALREADY (SHITTY) MIXED BACKING TRACK....

myspace.com/lovehammerband

myspace.com/lovehammerband

for those of you who got the first clip and may latest attempt at learning how to record good and whatnot this is my second try but on the DT forum jam (See general part of forum thread started by blueebola) i basically laid down the rhythym and am now working on some solos..

the first couplke of sections i included for you guys to critque on the recording of the guitar and the mixing... obviosly everything except the guitars was already premixed as an mp3 and i imported it into sonar...

i did my best with the levels for the guitar... i feel that the intro was not powerful enough and the chords had no definition. however everythign after the chords the more "skippy" part i felt the guitar tone and mix cam out nice...

i did a trick which someone on the grailtone.com boogie board told me about. unlike the other song on the myspace "frist try" i recorded myself twice to give a true stereo effect this time i recorded one performance and basically duplicated the track. panned one to the right one to the left EXCEPT i made one 15ms delayed from the other. gives a "fake" stereo effect ,apparantly van halen used this alot...

it makes it sound better and you don't have to worry about playing the same thing twice exactly the same...

ocne again please some critique

this was my ibanez sz4020 prestige which i usually reserve for dropped D stuff but since its my only ibanez wqith no floating bridge i simply undropped the D back to E for standard tuning. its a great and heavy guitar. it is loaded with dimarzio virtual hot paf (like a serymour sh59) in the bridge and a paf joe in the neck. the entire recording is bridge pickup...

this is the setup.

ibanez -> boss ns2 noise suppressor -> road king head channel 3 vintage(loop circuitry bypassed only channel volume active in other words dry) -> mesa 4x12 -> v30 -> sennhesier e609 top right speaker offset from center towards edge of cone -> presonus firepod -> sonar 6 prod. - > compression ON eq a bit of low end 40hz boost -> R and L tracks 10ms apart...

i split the 2 guitar tracks to one bus with the comp and eq on it and the backing track to another bus with no effects since it was already mixed...

i then added a 'vintage channel 64' "general mixdown" compression to the entire thing to warm it up a bit and level it out... i think its decent. just the first few "big chords" lack clarity. i mean clarity like in "these walls" big chords when the chords actually come in...

help/suggestions!!

I found it.
I realy liked the tones well done but rhythm guitars are enough take that little guitar clean or whatever off
Double you guitars recording 2 times dont use a delay because one is always after the other.It sounds like the way what it is a delayed guitar.
Dude this gave me a road king desire huahuahuahuauhauuha
Good job my friend

the clean guitar thing is not me...

its the backing track that they sent me...

the only thing im recording and adding is rhtyhym...

the solos are finished too but its going to be released on nov 25th for the forum jam day or whatever...

on the johnpetrucci.com forum

Latest posts

Back