• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

[For Sale] Mesa Boogie Trem-O-Verb w/ flight case + 4x12 cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fintan

Reaction score
Selling used Mesa Boogie Trem-O-Verb head with flight case and a 4x12 cabinet. Head is in great condition. It has recently been re-tubed. I have had the head modified to fit my needs. This was essentially an overall tweaking of the amp. This work was done not by Mesa, but by a former top engineer for Marshall. He did an amazing job and the amp sounds incredible. The cabinet and flight case have road wear as I have toured with this amp for some time, but the head does not show it at all- both in sound/tone/reliability and visually. The cabinet has huge casters on it too, something all touring musicians can appreciate. I am looking for serious buyers only. I am in central Virginia but am willing to travel a reasonable distance for the right buyer. I would prefer to sell this amp in person rather than shipping but if you are interested in having it shipped, please let me know and we can work something out. I am asking $1500 OBO + shipping (if necessary). If you would like any more details, let me know.

Things I will not consider:

Overseas buyers.
People wanting monthly payments (I may consider this for the right person, but know that I would never give you the amp until it is fully paid off)
Trades.

Additionally, I will be somewhat strict with payment methods as there are a lot of scams going on these days.

I am new to these forums, but I am a serious seller and am looking to do business with serious buyers only.

Thanks

I have had the head modified to fit my needs. This was essentially an overall tweaking of the amp. This work was done not by Mesa, but by a former top engineer for Marshall.

I'm interested, but need more details than that. What mods were done?

I am curious too.

edgarallanpoe said:
I have had the head modified to fit my needs. This was essentially an overall tweaking of the amp. This work was done not by Mesa, but by a former top engineer for Marshall.

I'm interested, but need more details than that. What mods were done?

lol i know ur talking about my WTB trem post about the monthly payments...

I too am also curious about the mods...Is it better cleans and/or heavier crunch on the modern?

What kind of tubes are in it now?

Pics?

I asked those same questions on HC yesterday since he's local and me and siggy14 buy more gear than 3 touring bands need and thought one of us might be interested... :lol: Never got an answer, so I'll ask here too...

Why was a MV added when it already has one?

Where does it fall in the circuit with the loop active master?

The original HC ad said it was "retubed and rebiased," now it's been changed here to just say "retubed." So, was it rebiased or bias modded in some way...or maybe just a description error?

What other "overall tweaking" was done to the circuit?

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, just trying to get all the facts straight as to what was really done to the amp to know if it's something me or others would be interested in.

Thanks for the posts. I haven't been able to get in touch with Roger to find out exactly what he did. I believe I am mistaken about the MV as being a mod though, but rather the Active Loop Master being enabled. I always thought this just controlled the effects loops which I never used. I never really messed with the back of the amp and I guess somehow had disabled it at one point so when he worked on the amp for me he fixed that problem. The amp was tweaked for power and tone, but mainly power. Once again, not exactly sure on the details as I am not a tech whiz, just a musician. I have a couple local buyers interested though which is why I have been absent from these boards. I'll post pics and details on the tweaks as soon as I can get my hands on a camera and get in touch with the guy who maintains my amp. Thanks

gts, I stated I wanted serious buyers only. If you are not interested in the amp, please post elsewhere. I also stated I was really only interested in dealing locally. There appears to be at least one interested buyer who is local which is what I wanted out of these forums.

Did I get in enough posts to make this thread? Yes, but this my contribution to this board. There are obviously people interested in this amp. It is one of the best Mesa Boogies ever made and it has been taken care of, comes with a 4x12 Mesa cabinet, and has a custom flight case.

The amp is still available. Was in discussion with a few buyers interested in just the cab or just the head, but I would rather sell it as a whole.

The many questions being brought up about the seller's brief phrases about 'great mods' are what make this such a great board. As Yoda would say> "Craigslist this is Not!"

Latest posts

Back