for all you fans of EARLY mark IV's...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimAnsell

Reaction score
you'll be hard pressed to find one earlier than this!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1996-Mesa-Boogie-Mark-IV-1x12-Combo-Amplifier-Amp-Used_W0QQitemZ120204851270QQihZ002QQcategoryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

IV-00552

That is a piece of history. Would you call that one a pre-1000 like that Rectifier monkey dude? :wink:

If all the items on my Boogie "need" list were checked off I would seriously look at a Mark Combo with an EV speaker like that one.

I know someone who gigged with a Mark II hardwood combo exclusively for over 20 years until it was knocked off of a speaker cab and took a header. :( He is now using a Pod!!! :roll: I guess after lugging a Mark II combo around for 20+ years, it was time to find something a little easier to take to gigs.

That Mark II combo is what planted the seed for me to buy a Boogie. He got a killer tone out of that combo. :twisted:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-IV-amp-head_W0QQitemZ130187941922QQihZ003QQcategoryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This one's a true pre-500. :lol:

~trem

I have Blue Angel SN BA00005 :lol: :lol:

6jmjaxd.jpg

:shock:

My RKII head is RK-002199 so it's a pre 2200. Don't hate. :D

Seriously though, I wonder if the "2" it's just a Series II indicator making mine the 199th Series II. I did get it right when they were introduced. Who cares?

Where would the serial be on my DC-5 head? I can't seem
to find one anywhere.

Does that mean mine is pre-serial numbers!? So its like... A negative, right?
#-001? 8)

CudBucket said:
My RKII head is RK-002199 so it's a pre 2200. Don't hate. :D

Seriously though, I wonder if the "2" it's just a Series II indicator making mine the 199th Series II. I did get it right when they were introduced. Who cares?

i had a 1970 and a 2469 roadster...each with their own sepereate issues.

those amps are still babies.
look for more board revisions with those in the future i'm sure.
i'll tell you one thing... pre 1000 roadsters are not going to be sought after :lol:

i'll tell you one thing... pre 1000 roadsters are not going to be sought after
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had 592 or something like that. Don't miss it at all.

My Blue Angel is 0029, but it looks much more beat up than that 0005.

I had Mark IV 1043, and it said 11-90, and was signed by Mike Bindinelli. I would have kept it, but I had too many amps (yeah, I know, you can never have too many) and really needed the money. I really like the A version better than the B version, the 2nd loop came in really handy for making R2 usable.

That was great price for that Mark IV too.

Latest posts

Back