fishy?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtb226

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270181377595&ssPageName=STRK:MEBI:IT&ih=017

i asked him what the condition was like and if everything worked properly. i also asked for the serial # and a picture of it (to make sure he actually had the amp). this is what i got back...

"Hello,

The amp and cab is in perfect condition, no scratches, marks.The tubes are like new.All is in great.If you are interested to buy it now please tell me what's the price you can offer?

Let me know ASAP.

Thanks"

He/she didn't sign it, so i still don't know their name. Didn't get the serial # or a pic of it. Also got what i took to be a desperate attempt to sell it.

seem fishy to anyone else?

The $7.50 for shipping seems very odd. The auction itself doesn't look too odd, but that response would seem like he is out to make an easy couple hundred bucks using someone else's account... You might offer him something very low to see if he accepts... that would be a pretty good indication of a scammer!

Yeah, it seems a little fishy to me as well. The shipping is just very odd, but the fact that he responded to you like that seems like something is off.

I'm guessing its stolen.

Looks like it has gold grills. Not "rare matching custom tweed design".

you've all echoed my thoughts exactly. i was all excited about it until i saw the shipping and got his response. i thought maybe it had slipped through the ebay cracks somehow and everyone else missed it.

i'm keeping an eye on the auction anyway, just to see what happens.

i guess what they say is true. "if it seems to good to be true, it probably is".

hmm, i could be wrong but i am pretty sure i have seen the exact same picture of the amp on another ebay action some time ago. Seems like a hoax to me!

well, i got another email from our seller. all i have to say is i'm going to try to report this to ebay. it is definitely a fake. here's what he said.

"Hello,

Sir, i don't have right now another pics with mesa but the serial number is R0929. Let me know your price?

Thanks"

R0929 would be a 2 channel, pretty early revision if i'm not mistaken. correct?

"The following is a notice from eBay Trust & Safety regarding:

Item Number - 270181377595

Item Title - Mesa Boogie 3 Channel Dual Rectifier Head and Cab

Our records show that you were a bidder or buyer of one or more of this seller's items. We recently removed this seller's active listings and suspended the seller's trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns we cannot share further details about this seller."

good. :x

he's at it again!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-3-Channel-Dual-Rectifier-Head-and-Cab_W0QQitemZ120178310749QQihZ002QQcategoryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

the same item, same email address, just a different seller name! wtf!

i reported this one too. lol. what is it with these people? this time he isn't offering paypal either.

Latest posts

Back