First post

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt_B

Reaction score
I just joined the boards and wanted to say hello to everyone. As of last night, I'm back in the Mesa fold. I purchased a Quad preamp w/PV MIDI Pro switcher off of eBay.

For the past 7 months, I've been using either a Boss GT8 or GT Pro as my "amp". I finally realized the other night what was missing in my rig - that responsiveness you can only get from a tube preamp.

I've been playing for around 23 yrs. and during that time, I've owned a Mark III combo, DC-2, Studio Preamp and a pair of Mesa 112 Theile Cabs w/EVs. I also sold Mesa gear for 12 yrs. and made the pilgrimage to the Mesa Store in Hollywood, CA.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to being part of the this community and playing with a tube preamp again.

Thank you.

I hear what you're saying Matt_B, I was using a Roland VGA-7 and got tube envy when I did a gig where my buddy was playing through a Lone Star Special. That started some expense G.A.S. on my part. I'm much happier with my tones the responsiveness. Welcome.

Back