First Mesa: FJA modded Single Rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steinmetzify

Reaction score
Just found this board, love when I find a forum for stuff I'm into.
A good friend had this, and every time he wanted to sell I had just bought something and was broke. If I had the $, he didn't want to sell. Stars finally aligned, and I snagged it from him last week. Amazed at the tones I'm getting. This won't be my last Mesa, and I can't wait to try others...just a bedroom jammer with below average skills, but I'm playing this thing so much I'm improving daily lol. Anyway, pic:

Digging it thru my stuff; Orange 2x12 with a 10 band in the loop...thinking about picking up a Mesa cab though, as the Orange is boomy as HELL even with the bass nearly non-existent. Dig it with actives AND passives...never had an amp that sounded good with both without massive EQ changes.

Anyway, thanks for all the cool topics to check out. Gonna be lurking like a mofo on here!

Nice score! Switching to a Mesa cab will take care of that boom.

Nice! I recently switched from this very same cab to a Mesa 4x12 traditional cab and I cannot be happier. It takes the amp to another level IMO! Orange cabs sound good with Orange head, not with rectifiers ;)

Aaand a quick chug vid I did for a buddy that wanted to hear it. Be warned before you click, I suck. I really dig how saturated the gain is on this thing; it's beefy as hell...still dialing it in, but I'm happy with this for at home jamming. Be gentle lol.

http://youtu.be/QQvJO4b7zJw

Latest posts

Back