First Mesa DC10

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kartoffel said:
Could the verb xformer be blown? When I got It the wires that go to the tank where disconected so there was no load

Did you ever resolve your issue with the reverb? I have a DC-3 with the same problem. Tank and tube are good so I'm looking at the reverb transformer as a possible culprit.

edward said:
kartoffel said:
...the geq is super sensitive though there is thousands of sounds within that little amazing device.

Yes, you have discovered the glory of DCs and Marks! That GEQ is the very definition of "versatility" IMHO. The tone knobs affect the preamp stage of your signal; the GEQ is after, going into the poweramp section. This is important to consider as the bass tones are much tighter and focused dialed into the GEQ rathern than into the preamp (with the bass knob). And any mids you add with the knob sound good (to my ear, anyway, not to mention the mids knob also can be used to add gain to the signal) can be scooped out with the GEQ if you want that chug tone. Or add mids (especially the 750 and 2200 sliders) and get some ZZTop or classic rock tones going.

Also experiement with different gain settings: not only between the 1st volume knob and the preamp's master gain, but also between the channel's master and the amp's overall master volume. You get different textures just by varying these settings. Enjoy the quest. As you've already discovered, there are a thousand tones in these wonderful DCs!

Edward

Yeah but the tone controls on the DC are also at the end of the preamp chain, so they are...before the GEQ...
Just to cross a line between the DC/mark family. DC's will never be "mark" lites or something better off treated as something of their own.

Monsta-Tone said:
:lol: I always thought it was ridiculous that the bass on the Mark IV's lead channel can't be turned past 4! :lol:
I had a Mark IV and my DC-10 a couple of years ago, and the 10 is still here! Even if I got the almighty Triaxis and 2:90 I would keep the 10 as a backup!

Well it is no wonder where the tone controls are positioned. I suppose you mention under gain? (that the bass cannot be put over 4). Still only that can cut the bass before distortion and go chugga chugga old school thrash tite, shouldn't it? Besides this amp is not only to be used for humbuckers and...bass under 4. I like it higher with single coils.

Well it is no wonder where the tone controls are positioned. I suppose you mention under gain?

:lol: Yeah, under gain. I always forget that a lot of guys don't use a lot of gain on their high gain amps! :lol: I always go straight for Santana style sustain with my Mesas.

Latest posts

Back