Finding a V2 2:90 Power Amp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

urBan_dK

Reaction score
I've been on the hunt for a version 2 for a few months now, and I can't seem to nail one down. Literally 20 out of 20 so far have been version 1 with the blue pilot light.

Does anyone know what year they switched to the newer version? Are they really that rare?

urBan_dK said:
I've been on the hunt for a version 2 for a few months now, and I can't seem to nail one down. Literally 20 out of 20 so far have been version 1 with the blue pilot light.

Does anyone know what year they switched to the newer version? Are they really that rare?

Not really that rare, just newer so people aren't ready to sell them yet. Why are you so set on a V2? There is practically no difference in the sound. You could probably buy two V1s for the price of getting a newer V2.

ando said:
urBan_dK said:

Not really that rare, just newer so people aren't ready to sell them yet. Why are you so set on a V2? There is practically no difference in the sound. You could probably buy two V1s for the price of getting a newer V2.

I think they look better (vanity, I know). But more practically speaking, I also know that the components are newer (especially caps) and it is possible Mesa addressed some problems we don't know about on the new version.

urBan_dK said:
and it is possible Mesa addressed some problems we don't know about on the new version.

The fan is in a better position and they've at last switched to an IEC mains connection. I would hope they've either got rid of, or made a better power harness connection to the main board. Mine burnt out, but luckily didn't further damage anything.

Latest posts

Back