Finally pulling the trigger....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esizer

Reaction score
I've been playing a PV VK on a 1960B cab and it was a pretty decent setup (IMO) but I was planning on upgrading. I was looking at the L6 valve amp, a V3, or something else in that price range. I thought to myself "what can give me that heavy crunch of a dual recto". Then it hit me...why don't I just get what I actually want? So I'm pulling the trigger and joining the mesas and currently looking for a used 3 ch DR on ebay and CL

Not sure how much you're looking to spend, but here's one going for $1000.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=47094&start=0

I really like that Suicidal Tendencies and similar heavy riff/palm mute stuff but cleans are a must too. Should I go for a regular DR or the tremoverb? opinions are welcome

You will have to wait longer for the Tremoverb. But the 3 Channel will be a little bit more versitle with the 3rd Channel. I would stick with the 3 Channel.

There is a dual rectifier 2 channel on Guitar centers website for $700, that might be abetter deal for you.

The extra channel on the three channel is honestly nice. I have an old 2 channel Rev F and while I love it, I'd give my left nut for another channel!

The 2 channel heads aren't THAT different from the three channel except for the obvious lack of flexibility.

I'd like to support you guys on here rather than those B@$tards at GC but they do have a few on there in price range which I could have shipped to my local store or push for free shipping

It might just be better to get the one thats on the board instead of bidding on ebay, so you don't get outbid at the last second, and so you make sure you get it.

I have a 3ch Triple rec for sale. 1100 plus paypal fees shipped to your door. 100% possitive feedbak on ebay as user guitarfromhell. Bought and sold lots of guitar and car related stuff.

Triples are super tight and really pound. Just warning you though, you need to get them louder to reach the sweet spot compared to a Dual, ESPECIALLY since with the latter, you can yank a rectifier and a push pull power tube pair (outside or inside) for low volume gigs. The Reborn Triples switch between 150watts and 50watts for each channel, an option that makes them much more attractive to me. That being said, 150watts through a halfstack gigging with a drummer really isn't appreciably louder than a Dual, or a Single for that matter. It is really just a question of how far you can crank the amp to annihilate the low volume buzzies and fizzies.

I think I have had to deal with some of the most anal people as far as practice / gigging volumes are concerned so I am a little more sensitive that way than most. So ya, take my advice with a grain of salt, keeping this in mind.

Yeah I know there is only a few difference in db between the single and double (like 3 db maybe) but I wasn't sure about the triple. I was leaning away from the triple mainly for the extra 50 watts that I just don't need

I will post the same aadvice that swayed me to the triple....If you are going to be a bear....be a fvckin grizzly! lmao

The Triple is good if you want to play fat rhythm guitar, particularly if you want to detune. That extra headroom will get swallowed up fast trying to amplify the low b on a 7-string.

Beyond that, both the Dual and Triple are the same volume. One just compresses sooner than the other.

I play in standard and half step down, with respective "drops" as well. occasionally a full step down a la Chevelle. More tubes = more expense and more things to go wrong. I'd rather get that earlier tone, but we'll see. I found a 1996 dual recto, is a newer something to look for or would a 96 be a good option?

Latest posts

Back