Finally played the MK V !!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boogiebabies

Reaction score
And it didn't work. All I got was loud pop's from the wattage switches and a stuck master volume. :(
Channel 3 was totally dead. No faux IIC+ for me to try. And they just got the **** thing in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boogiebabies said:
And it didn't work. All I got was loud pop's from the wattage switches and a stuck master volume. :(
Channel 3 was totally dead. No faux IIC+ for me to try. And they just got the **** thing in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It didn't beat the real thing then :lol:

It's normal operation to have pops when switching from 10 watts to anything else. Also, if the loop is bypassed the output and solo volume knobs don't work.

Scary said:
It's normal operation to have pops when switching from 10 watts to anything else. Also, if the loop is bypassed the output and solo volume knobs don't work.

Comforting to know, but I did not know there was a mute option in channel 3. Maybe one of the 48 relays was on a smoke break.
Bummer.

****, and I was interested in hearing your take on it. oh well, maybe later... :lol:

I've been resisting the GAS and wait a year or two to see just how all those "whistles and bells" stand up to the reliablity factor. I hate relays as opposed to LDR's (noise, popping, reliability). Particularly all the relay switching in the high voltage circuits worries me a bit. I've studied the schematics thoroughly to get ready for those warranty repairs to start coming in.

ok so yeah i got one and i gotta say the cleans blew me away as well as the MK IV,and IIC+ modes(is it a IIC+>>>(NO)but if you keep a open mind and can tweak a amp you'll get a great tone coming from that channel.it's VERY tweakable which makes it that much better.
from what i've read about the MK i mode people can't seem to dial it in without getting it's voice to sound too dark and thats true if you go by Mesa's diagram.so if you adjust the sliders and put it on bright,turn your Bass dowmn to like 1 and up your mids and you'll get a very sweet Creamy lead tone.
overall i like this amp ALOT because i'm NOT looking at it like a IIC+ or a MK IV,i'm looking at it as a new Mesa product and going from there,one channel at a time.
BB if you were closer to NYC,i'd invite you over to play it...all the best my friend.
Richb

I have been gigging mine since it arrived in July and I haven't had any switching problems. There is a problem with my GEQ that I am going to have fixed next week, but it was like this since I got the amp, I have just been able to use the amp as it is.

Boogiebabies said:

That sucks! I bought a BFDR clone from a guy in Florida. Had to ship it back 2 days later. I knew there was good BF tone in there. Just had to wait it out. I'm sure this will be the same. :)

Was the footswitch even plugged in? Sounds like the set up at the store wasn't informed.

Yeah, seriously... I could have worded it better maybe. What I meant by the footswitch being plugged in, when I got my Mark V, I turned it on standby and then plugged the footswitch in. When I started cycling through the channels, it would pop or not switch at all. Once I realized that it worked fine if I had the footswitch plugged in before I turned the amp on, it never happened again.

DOH!... I didn't realize I was talking to Boogiebabies. I'm confident you did what you needed to do.

Ha ha ha!! I was serious... I know he knows what he's talking about. I just didn't realize it was him when I first posted my initial solution, hence the "DOH!".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comforting to know, but I did not know there was a mute option in channel 3. Maybe one of the 48 relays was on a smoke break.
Bummer.
That is a bummer. I really wanted to hear what you thought. I tried one out and just wasn't that interested. I actually had the money in hand and played a head and combo. I liked it, but not enough to fork over that much cash!

FWIW: The footswitch jack was partially loose on the combo that I tried. It was in, but did not click. It made the amp not work very well and pop.

I didn't think the cleans were as good as my Mavericks or Heartbreaker's cleans. It did have way more gain than both of my amps put together, but that's ok, I can always get another pedal! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back