Tc 50 Schematic

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chicofronza

Reaction score
Hi there folks!
Last week my tc50 combo went dead.
I played it for like 2 hours, switched to stand by and when I came back the amp didn’t work anymore.
I can change channels, it does turn on however, no sound comes from it.
If I turn the main master volume all the way up, as well as the channel master all the way, it produces a very low volume sound…
I am in Brazil, impossible to send it back to mesa… My technician said it would be helpful to have the schematic of it.
Any thoughts about what’s going on?
Anyone have the schematic?
Appreciate any help!
Thanks

PS: sorry that in the video I spoke in Portuguese

You need to find the TRIAC used in the strobe mute circuit. I had similar issue and had it repaired by Mesa. The TRIAC or Thyristor is a 600V rated part. Not sure what grade is used though. MAC97 is the base part number. It is also labeled on the PCB as well. Q6. Located in the back board along the rear of the amp next to the Send and Return jacks. If the part is shorted out, you will find it will have conduction between pins 1 and 3. Either a short or very low resistance.

Try turning on the FX loop, plug in a dummy cable in the send jack and plug in your guitar into the FX return. If you can get sound from that trick, it may not be the TRIAC at fault. I also found a blown 1M resistor on the V5 circuit.

As far as getting a schematic for this amp, doubt you will find such. If your tech was a certified Mesa tech they may be able to get it from Mesa. Perhaps some guidance on repair if they were to communicate through email.

Attachments

• 20191027_233743_LI.jpg
    20191027_233743_LI.jpg
    428.1 KB · Views: 0
Great!! I emailed mesa and forward this explanation to my technician!! Appreciate your help buddy!! Thank you very much!
I’ll be back as soon as I have some news! Thanks again

Back