finally heard a stiletto deuce!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reese Bobby

Reaction score
it sounded freakin great! i went and saw mastodon last nite
(one of my all time favorite bands) and one of the guitar players switched from laney's and classic marshalls to the deuce and it totally made his rig sound tighter. i've seen em a number of times and i could totally tell the difference. then i got to meet him (bill kelliher) and we talked about it's versatility for a bit. i can add this amp to the long list of boogies i've encountered that totally blew me away. anyway, just thought i'd put this out there. peece.

ashjn said:
I know its a long shot, but did you happen to notice his settings and if he has a Series I or Series II?

You beat me to the punch . Thats what i wanted to know !

i didn't really see his settings, all i know is he sounded more full and articulate than he usually does and he cut through a lot more than usual. i've always been more partial to the other guitar player brent hinds tone, but i'm thinkin that is now changed. i was right up front hearing stage sound instead of pa and you could hear the difference between his rig and brents vintage marshalls.

it was a brand new series 2 and it sounded fantastic. those dudes tune down to A and it retained all it's glory which is makin me think about loading my nomad with some el-34's. btw, he also used a matching stiletto slanted 4x12.

Back