*FINALLY* got my bubinga head enclosure... (question)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vae

Reaction score
Ordered this in August '09 for my IIC+ -- it was worth the wait, looks awesome. I ended up having it come with the reverb tank and fan as well.

Now before I attempt to transfer the unit into the head enclosure, any step by step directions in how to do this? Or is it a pretty simple procedure?

Thanks in advance!

Turn the headshell upsidedown on a bench (padded of course). Slide the chassis in. about halfway, connect the reverb and plug in the fan then position it the rest of the way. Sometimes you half you lift it by the transformers on both sides to get it into place. Once you get it close look from under and line up the screw holes on one side and loosely screw them in and do the same on the other side. Tighten it up and your ready to flip it over and your done.

Thanks guys, I ended up just going for it and it didn't turn out to be bad at all.

Only thing different was the screws that supported the guts into the combo were shorter since there was a recess for them on the combo -- I had to go out and buy 1/2" longer machine screws and it worked out fine.

Couple pics:
IIC+head.jpg

rig2010.jpg

Looks awsome.

Saw you have a mark five there, wich one sounds best ?

thanks

ndsquared said:
I've been thinking about getting a head cabinet for my IIC+ ...do they do Black vinyl?
contact info?

Mesa does the Black Taurus which is what they use on the Mark V, the Recto's, the 4x12's, etc. Their number is (707)778-6565.

ndsquared said:
I've been thinking about getting a head cabinet for my IIC+ ...do they do Black vinyl?
contact info?
Nick: Contact board member gts. He makes them himself and does outstanding work. He also provides a larger front opening for easy tube swapping and enhanced ventilation. I have one and love it. Many other members will recommend him very highly as well.

Frank

dodger916 said:
ndsquared said:
contact info?
Nick: Contact board member gts. He makes them himself and does outstanding work. He also provides a larger front opening for easy tube swapping and enhanced ventilation. I have one and love it. Many other members will recommend him very highly as well.

Frank
ThanksFrank...will do!

Back