Finally Giving my Mark IV a Good Run

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devilrob1979

Reaction score
Well last night with the band we were playing extremely loud. I actually had my Output at 6 and channel volumes around 4. This was Class A, Triode, Harmonics, Tweed Power. It sounded phenomenal. I have JJ 6L6s on the outside and Svetlana EL-34s in the middle. Really great dynamics in R1 and R2. Both could be cleaned up with just the volume knob or soft playing and R1 especially would get pristine with the volume knob rolled back a little and then up to a great bluesy crunch with the volume cranked. I was just playing through my Sovereign and nobody believed me when I said I was only running about 15 watts, hah hah. Or is it 35? I never remember.

its 35, but i know how that goes. sometimes i just play around and see how loud i can be. that loud shakes my house, any louder and im pretty shure it shakes the surrounding houses :lol:

My bad, the EL34s are on the outside. Sorry, the amp's not here. It's amazing what a well ported 1x12 is capable of doing though. I might bring my 2x12 over next time just for kicks and see what kind of havoc I can reek with my 3/8 stack.

Latest posts

Back