Finally C+ GEQ upgrade.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony777

Reaction score
Finally I got to get the GEQ upgrade on my 60Watt C+
She will definitely get more playing time now.

Before:
MKIICbefore.jpg

After
IIC.jpg

Wow, did you do it yourself or did Mesa do it? I thought they didn't have any of the old faceplates left. Did you happen to have a correct IIC+ GEQ faceplate or something? Either way, looks great!

Mike B. at Mesa did it, and you're right, they are out of faceplates.
I got a MKIII faceplate from ebay, probably the ones they made for the green stripe models, which I put on my black stripe MKIII. The original MKIII faceplate is now on the C+.
As you might know the PULL RHYTHM2 line on the early faceplates are painted, and is possible to wipe out if you do it VERY carefully so it won't leave a scratch. My belief is that they had a lot of these made for the IIC and when they got into MKIII production they put on the PULL RHYTHM2 line over the middle knob so they could be used on the MKIII.

Very Cool! I spoke to Mike B. about doing mine but same thing .....no plates. How much did it cost? Also what do you think it did tone wise? I kind of like the lead tone without it but the EQ would be great for rhythms and I'm sure lead as well.

Rhoads said:
:D Can you tell us more about that please ! the sound , the job and the price for that incredible transformation. Wow look great.
The sound is almost the same, I used to put a Boss GEQ7 in the loop, but the onboard sounds a bit more organic.
The advantage is absolutely there, with the EQ auto option, and I have had two gigs were the patch cables in the loop were making a bit of a trouble, so now I won't get paranoid.
I did a fair comparison along with my simul C+ and the 60 is a bit more scooped sounding in lead, but the biggest difference is at the clean channel.
The price was $400 for EQ and $150 for service and parts. Add shipping from Norway to California and back, you could probably buy a house.
Anyway I will probably have this amp for the rest of my life, and you know money is meant to be spent. :lol:

Nice! glad you like it... those 60 watt are great! I thought mesa wouldn't ship international?

scott

tony777 said:
I got a MKIII faceplate from ebay, probably the ones they made for the green stripe models, which I put on my black stripe MKIII. The original MKIII faceplate is now on the C+.
As you might know the PULL RHYTHM2 line on the early faceplates are painted, and is possible to wipe out if you do it VERY carefully so it won't leave a scratch. My belief is that they had a lot of these made for the IIC and when they got into MKIII production they put on the PULL RHYTHM2 line over the middle knob so they could be used on the MKIII.

Wow, I didn't know about that. That is nuts! I'm glad it worked out. I never would have guessed that was originally a III faceplate.

tony777 said:

Nice Tony. Way to be creative to get what you wanted/ needed.
Great idea to "wipe" the paint off a MkIII faceplate!

gts said:
tony777 said:

Nice Tony. Way to be creative to get what you wanted/ needed.
Great idea to "wipe" the paint off a MkIII faceplate!

+1 on that! Anybody got one for me?

Hey Tony, nice amp man good call on the GEQ.

What did you use to wipe off the R2 label over the middle knob?

#2121313 said:
Hey Tony, nice amp man good call on the GEQ.

What did you use to wipe off the R2 label over the middle knob?
I used wetsanding at first with a fine paper, then polished with steelwool, the soap free type that you get at a hardware store.

I love this amp, so to me it was totally worth doing the upgrade.

Back