Favorite drummers?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LTE

Reaction score
Pretty self explanatory.

Mine: (in no order)
Mike Portnoy
Tim Alexander
Neil Peart
Vinnie Colaiuta
Billy Cobham
Dave Weckl
Lenny White
Ian Paice
Danny Carrey
Keith Moon

+1 on Portnoy.

I saw DT for the first time last May in Washington D.C. and he is not just a drummer. He is an entire rhythm section!

Oh yeah Steve Gadd definitely.

My one drummer friend showed me some of his solos on youtube. Wow

Sixstringpsycho said:
Lars Ulrich........yes i said that

Imo, Lars sucks nowadays but he used to be great, pretty influential too

Buddy Rich... By far!
Chad smith from RHCP (is that his name?) is pretty good too...

Neal Peart
Dave Lombardo

Best drummers write songs through rythm while keeping the beat. Good drummers keep the beat. Bad drummers don't do either.

Neil Peart - no need to elaborate.

Alex Van Halen - best rock drummer ever....under appreciated due to the guitar wizardry of his bro.

Charlie Watts - just because he's made a lot of $ without changing a beat ever in 50 yrs.

Lars Ulrich - even though I think he's a douche, and a know it all, and an attention *****, I think he's pretty good (at least recorded)...I'm not sure how many tracks are spliced together....Heard him live 3 times...sounded legit, but who knows...

Ginger Baker - saw him at a drum clinic about 20 yrs ago...spaced out, but could keep a good beat...especially in a 3 piece like Cream...

Nicko McBrain - good chops

Mick Fleetwood - any drummer who can sell umpteen millions of records with your name in the band name is pretty worthy...

Dave Grohl - from Nirvana drummer to guitar/singer w/ the Foo Fighters...pretty multidimensional.

Latest posts

Back