Favorite 2x12 for Mark V?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibanez4life SZ!

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Looking to get a pair of 2x12s for my Mark V...

Is the Boogie rectifier cab the choice for it? Anyone else find something they like?

Thanks much!

Eric

Personally, I really like the Recto 2x12. It's a really good sounding cab.

After listening to your YouTube clip.... I think you'll like the Recto cabs.

this sounds quite ok too:) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1YANbeMsrI

My Mark V is the combo with a C90. I also have a widebody front ported with a C90 and a vertical 2x12 recto cabinet with V30. Overall, I prefer the vertical 2x12.

You want the 2X12 recto horizontal cab . best cab Mesa makes . If you have two of them you suddenly have a 4X12 and then you could use one on its own for smaller venues or home . That cab has been in production for 20 years . There's a reason for that . Think about it .

Personally, I really like the Port City OS 2x12 with V30's in it. To me, it has more depth than the Mesa cab and you can add a slight amount more bass to your sound without it getting flubby. When you record it (close mic), it sounds fuller than the Mesa. Those are my ears though.

I got a Recto 2x12 vertical cab a couple months ago. Looks nice, sounds great.
The mark V is almost exactly as wide as the cab, so they really go together well.
As the the sound, you just have to try it yourself; a horizontal vs. vertical 2x12 is a real matter of taste.

Mills Acoustics Mach212B, well, because that's what I got and it sounds amazing.

Back