fans of Budda?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thinskin57

Reaction score
o.k. so i'm officially a Budda guy now. my boogies are for sale. they certainly don't suck, but i can't afford/justify having all of these amps now that i'm a new daddy. anyway, back to my point- LOVE these amps. would've looked into them a long time ago but was under the impression that they were more "blues-guy" oriented. maybe, but **** they can rock! half the weight of boogies, minus the option anxiety, well built, great tone, and a little bit different. what more can you ask for? regardless of my amp choice, i'll be staying at this forum as i think it's the best out there and the people are open-minded here as well. anybody else out there diggin' a budda?

The buddas are my second favorite amp (the maverick still #1) I had 5 but I just sell a 18 watts head since I have it already on a combo, also had the 30 watts head and 2x12 SD30II combo plus a 2x12 cab and a SD80II head.

All sound incredible, the 80 is possibly the most different, it has this big headroom and the 6L6 really shine in a differente way than the EL-84.

I love those buddas a lot... great tone, great response to volume knob and great distortion.

The buddas are my second favorite amp (the maverick still #1)
the more i'm on this forum, the more i see that maverick owners LOVE their mavericks.

back to the budda 18. that's a crazy-loud 18 watts! i get better bedroom tones out of my higher wattage stiletto ace and lss, as the budda is either inaudible, or LOUD. (not the greatest volume taper in the lower region) The thing i like about it is obviously the tone, but also the simplicity. as much as i like my mesas, i get option anxiety sometimes. some people may be put off by the budda's shared e.q., but when it's done right... plus my main amp for years was a fender prosonic- also w/a shared e.q. If it wasn't so problematic, i'd probably still own it today.

The SD30 II is awesome! I can't say I blame you for the Boogie-->Budda defection. Great amps.

i haven't heard the 30. while i wouldn't mind the extra headroom that it has over my 18, i can't imagine needing the extra volume it must have. i know i sound like a broken record, but these are so loud. i can achieve feedback with my SD18 w/the volume barely cracked. it really sings when you open it up. funny thing i just found out- i fell in love with mine with a sick tube in it. got the amp brand new w/a stock JJ preamp tube that was dying. wouldn't have know had the tube not finally died completely. replaced all the preamp tubes and finally heard the healthy version of how this amp should sound. holy sh&t! again, i'm SOLD! being a fan of KT66 tubes, i'd love to hear the SD45, but again- the volume issue. and i can't even fathom the decibel factor the SD80 must have. i'm suspicious that budda's wattage ratings are their little "joke" at the factory...

forgot to mention on my last post- the volume taper issue disappeared once i changed out the bad preamp tube. bedroom levels are now attainable.

Me, lika Budda,
Me, lika MESA Booga, -er Mesa Boogie (Maverick)
Me, lika Bruna, er - Bruno
Me, lika Dr. Z.
Me, lika Bad Cat
Me, lika EL84 amps :p

But me, only kouda afforda one of 'em. :?
OperaMan.jpg

Just saw Leslie West open for Joe Satriani last Friday. He was rocking the Buddha amps.

Unfortunately, Leslie West is a horror of a guitar player. However, I think he mustered up some decent tone thanks to his vibrato and amp choice.

Man that guy cannot play though......

Latest posts

Back