Faith

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If all goes well i should have a good/better answer tommorrow. I had to work all day Sunday. Wasn`t much time.I plan on spending a few hrs with it tonight! I can`t wait until about 7PM. The Bogner is my sons. It`s still for sale. He`s got a 6134+ Peavey coming in tommorrow. It`ll be his turn in the music room! He wants to try that.jeffp

BRS;I can say simply comparing the two that the RA had of course more gain (smooth and milky), and a great crunch.Blue was the amp! Red was Good.The clean was good. But the mids were overwhelming for me.
The ED has Smooth gain a Great clean, a Great Blue, and Great Red.And for me the mids don`t dominate.I think it`s GREAT! It`s going to take some time to get acquainted with it all but i think it`s a HOMERUN! jeffp

Good to hear this one is doing it for you jeff.

YellowJacket said:
http://wgs4.com/content/ReaperHP

A demo with a dual recto.

The speaker is very different from a c90. Way more crunch in the mids and a much more even tone. Keep in mind it is basically a 'high power' version of a G12H 30 so it has some of those tonal characteristics. I'd say it has a high end sparkle, a good grunt / kick in the lows, and a really even frequency taper throughout the range of the speaker. It really does a sort of chainsaw type modern drive tone which is honestly very impressive. I would not say the speaker is iconic; rather it is a unique, new, and very attractive tone. Just keep in mind it is something different and I think there would be the potential to hate it as much as to love it. Personally, I'd DEFINITELY run two of them with my Recto if I had space and $$$s to afford another cab for it. As for the Electra Dyne, it has the potential to be a winning combination but I honestly have not heard it so I can't comment. The sound clip should at least give an idea of what they are about.

Thanks for that. Actually the retro 30 is looking like it may be worth trying too.

How do you find the bass of the Reaper compares, is it more like a V30 or still along the lines of a C90 ? I've not tried a G12H 30.

J.J said:
Good to hear this one is doing it for you jeff.

YellowJacket said:
http://wgs4.com/content/ReaperHP

A demo with a dual recto.

The speaker is very different from a c90. Way more crunch in the mids and a much more even tone. Keep in mind it is basically a 'high power' version of a G12H 30 so it has some of those tonal characteristics. I'd say it has a high end sparkle, a good grunt / kick in the lows, and a really even frequency taper throughout the range of the speaker. It really does a sort of chainsaw type modern drive tone which is honestly very impressive. I would not say the speaker is iconic; rather it is a unique, new, and very attractive tone. Just keep in mind it is something different and I think there would be the potential to hate it as much as to love it. Personally, I'd DEFINITELY run two of them with my Recto if I had space and $$$s to afford another cab for it. As for the Electra Dyne, it has the potential to be a winning combination but I honestly have not heard it so I can't comment. The sound clip should at least give an idea of what they are about.

Thanks for that. Actually the retro 30 is looking like it may be worth trying too.

How do you find the bass of the Reaper compares, is it more like a V30 or still along the lines of a C90 ? I've not tried a G12H 30.

G12H 30s are really their own flavour of speaker. It is kind of like a greenback but with crisper highs and much more firm lows. There is less Nasal midrange crunch and the sound has more spread to it. The Reaper HP is like that even moreso.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6y0KMBxCoA (v30 vs G12H30)

http://wgs4.com/content/Reaper
Reaper 30watt verson. Drop in replacement for G12H 30 Anniversary speaker.

This will give you an idea of the core sound of the G12H 30. The Reaper HP is a tighter and darker version of the G12H 30. As I recall, it had good thump in the low end but my mind is foggy on how it compares with a c90. I want to say it is closer to a v30, but it is really closest to a G12H 30. I'm not sure how it will pair with an Electra Dyne, but it is absolutely fantastic with a Dual Rectifier. I personally think the Reaper HP is an absolutely awesome way to get a sound that most people haven't heard out of an amp everyone thinks they know.

The high end Detail is where the Reaper HP really differs from a v30 or a c90. The v30 has a high mid spike and the c90 has a high mid notch with a really meaty tone, great for leads. The Reaper HP has very high highs that just sparkle and shimmer, and the lows are firm with just the right amount of speaker breakup. When we made the cab for my brother, I was totally blown away and I wanted to keep it!!

Latest posts

Back