F-30 FX or direct in?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willymd

Reaction score
I'm a weekend player with a F-30 and external Mesa speaker. My Boss ME-50 effects box sounds like crap plugged directly in the input - real tinny and thin. Is there any benefit from putting it through the FX loop - or should I just sell the Boss and get individual pedals? I mostly use chorus and compressor. Help! I'm a decent player in a good band, but I need tone!

Hey there, I have both the F-30 head (here in the US) and the F-30 combo I keep at home in italy for gigs there... in my experimentation I did indeed find that all of the digitech gnx stuff sounded like crap except for patches i made with only 1 or 2 effects at a time.... since I have built various pedals over the past 20 years, I simply built the effects I needed in miniature (the ThunderSTOMP mikro series) so i didn't have to lug around large gear... I guess the point I'm trying to make is, you are way better off with individual pedals, also because each one of them is unique... here's a pic of the mikroscreamer, I don't have a pic of all the pedals I use/make, but they are all the same size, so you can imagine that even with 5 of them (overdrive,distortion,chorus,flanger,compressor) that they hardly take up any space at all... Obviously the Ibanez Phaser is there for size comparison, besides the fact that I havn't built a phaser yet...
ThunderSTOMPmikroSCREAMER_01_500px.jpg

Back