Evo vs STi.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theaero

Reaction score
Or in specific, the Evo 9 MR vs a 2006 STi?

One will be my new car, as of next year. I've been leaning towards the Sti because of its better lb:hp ratio, sexier interior (IMHO), and just the way it drives in general. Not to mention its cheaper and way easier to modify. The evo is quick and fun, but from my experiences, the sti has always just felt so right.

What do you guys think?

I say go with the STI! I had an '05 that was a blast to drive and would carve the canyons with the best of them. I miss that car...

awd is kina boring but for a dd its pretty badass. the evo is cool cause its a 2L so it maintains that wrc intensity. the 2.5 wrx is going ot be a smoother power curve and that mindset carries throughout the cars. the sti has smoother riding suspension too. what exactly do you intend to do with it? ive seen plenty of evos and stis get eaten alive by dseries hondas, corollas and miatas quite often in the canyon

Eh, the basics. Track racing, and a little bit of downhill / mountain pass stuff, as well as daily driving. I test drove an 8 MR, 9MR, 02 STI and 06 STI (all stock) and i loved the 06 sti the most, with the 9 MR being a close second.

The STi is a bit easier to work with, mod and tune from what ive heard and read, which is definitely a big plus, and I like the interior more than the evos cheapesque interior.

Although the blue all around is kinda annoying...

STI all the way!! My buddy had an 07..Such a fun car to drive..I'm not really much of an Evo guy..I don't know why great cars im sure i just dont like em..

My wife's turbo car. Not much good in the curves, but hell in the 1/4 mile. :lol: :D

DSC00538.jpg

DSC00546.jpg

Not a bad lookin engine compartment =]

Turbos are fun, once u get em spooled. I have small twin turbos in my current car, and even then the lag is unbearable. (also because my car is 4,000lbs) lol

With street tires, the turbp lag is a good thing. The Buick used to run 10.50's with slicks and 35lbs of boost. You have to be careful on the 285 series Nitto street tires, or you will be ditch bound. :D

JOEY B. said:
My wife's turbo car. Not much good in the curves, but hell in the 1/4 mile. :lol: :D

DSC00538.jpg

DSC00546.jpg

OH Man!! Is it an '87? Those Buick Grand Nationals just look badarse man, love the rims too. I bet she gets plenty of double-takes driving that thing around town........def. a keeper!!

-AJH

theaero said:
35lb? ****...

my twins are only running 21-23ish

The 35 lbs was when it was drinking the 117 octane race fuel. Now it comsumes the super unleaded with about 20 lbs of boost. At a mere $4.15 per gallon :evil: . I once worked with a guy who bought the WRX when they first came out. I came up with an idea of using CO2 released by nitrous fogger nozzles and solenoids to spray across the intercooler at WOT. I wonder if anyone has done something like that yet? 8)

Latest posts

Back