esteroids for a triaxis

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatboy135

Reaction score
Hey dudes, I know that triaxis is the best rock preamp over the world, but I need an extra nitro tank to raise the triaxis into the metal domain. I have a rat pedal and ts9 deluxe so I´m looking forward another pedal to have other kind of sounds, any advice?

If you want other sounds try an external equalizer.
I love triaxis drive so I never mix it with other distortions.
With an external equalizer ( mine is an alesis midi programable eq)
I can make rectifier tones or whatever .
luck

Fatboy, are you looking for a TONE change or a GAIN change?
Got a couple of advices depending on your answer.
Merry Xmas everyone.

Hi Fatboy.
If you just want more gain out of the TA but no tonal change just go for a clean boost pedal. I got very good results when I had my TA with a Sparkle Drive with the mix knob set to clean and the volume knob set close to max. But there are a whole lot of clean boosts in the market, some change your tone a little some are totally transparent so take your pick. You can also make your your own, there's a truckload of schems floating around the net of commercial and DIY devices.
On the other hand, if what you want is a tonal change then you should be more specific. Different pedals change your tone in different ways but many people like tubescreamer type pedals with thier boogies. I don't, I think they have quite a lot of mids already to bring more into the mix with a tubescreamer, but it's all a matter of taste after all.

fatboy135 said:
the dv was for shadow

to me DV is crap.
It boost bass and take of mids.
Why boost bass if triaxis is completely full of bass?
I use my triaxis bass on 0
mid on 2
treble 6
presence 4-6
no DV because I use an external eq.

fatboy135 said:
no I don´t need a booster, I need something like a ts9dx with more guts

I think you think you need more guts because triaxis is full of bass and mid
With an external eq you can take off some mids and bass and ad some treble.
This way you ll notice the guts you need

"no I don´t need a booster, I need something like a ts9dx with more guts"
Then you should try something like a Boss Blues Driver or their OD-3 pedal. They'll give you a whole lot more gain than the TS9DX.

What kind of guitars/pickups you have?
Maybe you just need stronger/different pickups to take you where you want to go.

You have one nice guitar there buddy. With nice pickups to boot.
I guess your problem is not pickups. I have a BL XL-500 myself in one of my guitars and it really cooks! The Nuno comes with L-500 if memory serves me right.
Well, one thing you can do is talk to all your guitar playing friends and borrow a few different pedals for experimentation. If they don't get you where you want to go they can at least show you what you DON'T want. Then you can give us more accurate data of what you like and what you don't (not that you're not accurate already, but there's a ton of stuff out there to choose from).

I didn't mean that type of pedals. I think tubes provide enough compression for my distorted sounds and just use a touch of it with my cleans.
I was refering to OD/Dist/Boost type pedals that can raise your signal enough (and/or add a little distortion of their own) so you can hit your TA harder, get more distortion out of it if you will.
I can see why you like the tubescreamer. The BL pickups sound a little scooped in the mids, so the mid boost so typical of TS-type pedals fills the hole nicely.

Latest posts

Back